“First Visit”
Review of Browns Socialhouse

Browns Socialhouse
Ranked #18 of 358 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Description: Browns Socialhouse Kamloops Summit provides a full service, upscale casual dining experience. We offer a wide variety of cuisine made in-house using FRESH ingredients. We also have a great selection of craft beer, wines and cocktails. Join us for brunch from 10-2 on Saturday's, Sunday's and Holidays. Our SOCIALHOUR is everyday from 3 - 6 and 9 - close. We are family friendly! Hope to socialize with you soon!
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We hadn't been to Brown's before so thought we'd give it a try. We enjoyed a nice dinner. The menu is quite different than other comparable-sized restaurants in town. We found it to have a combination of pub-style burgers through to quite a few Tai-type options. The server was very helpful as we tried to narrow our choices. One meal arrived not as ordered but the server quickly dealt with that error. The meal sizes are large. We were pleasantly surprised that the noise-level was moderate rather than high, probably because it wasn't full with patrons on the night we were there. The outside patio was a nice option. They have lots of booths which we like. We'll go to Brown's again.

Michele G, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for the kind review, We are so pleased you had a nice visit. We would love to have you again.:)

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Had a the Dragon bowl it was amazing lots of veggies and the sauce is so tasty. Service was fast and friendly. Will be back.

Michele G, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We are very glad to hear you had a nice lunch. The Dragon Bowl is a crowd favourite for sure! We look forward to seeing you again:) Thank you!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We have enjoyed the Social House often with always tremendous service but today was over the top. I asked for a special pizza and it was perfect. Odd, but perfect. Our appreciation to the kitchen staff as always and particularly our server who sorted the querkiness.

Michele G, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi Jonathan,

So glad it worked out! "Odd" aways keeps things interesting. Thanks for the great review!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a party of 8 at lunch in March. Service was competent and everyone enjoyed their food. The ingredients for my meal were definitely premium and that's good because I how perceive the pricing at Brown's Socialhouse. Not only are the entrees premium priced but the softdrinks were $3.50 each. This last was especially galling as the Tonic I was served was among the worst I ever tasted, really high in sugar and almost imperceptible in Quinine. Definitely not the same as the brands or 'generics' I've had just about anywhere else. The server replaced my drink at my request but was never offered a refill. At the price I'd expect to be offered refills, lots of refills.

My lunch main was the Ahi Tuna Poké bowl. The tuna was fresh, lightly seasoned, and flavourful. The avocado and the other ingredients in the bowl were similarly fresh. The serving size was suitable for lunch. My direct family had Tuna Crunch Salads and others in our extended group had Fish Tacos and other choices. Everyone was satisfied with their meals.

One other potential challenge regarding Brown's Socialhouse is the issue of parking. The restaurant is part of a power center and shares the lot with many other businesses. On the day we at lunch, the lot was fairly full and we needed to work a bit at locating a convenient parking spot. It was raining and closer was definitely desirable but not necessarily attainable. I don't think that a little walking is bad in general but I'm never a fan of chasing around parking lots looking for an open space.

If we return to Kamloops, I wouldn't object to dining at Brown's again if in a mood for a premium meal. But, if I do, I might opt for water as my beverage, just like when I'm past security at airports.

Michele G, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thanks for the review. We are happy you enjoyed the food and we do pride ourselves, on premium, fresh ingredients. We appreciate the input on the tonic, we will be looking into that immediately. Our apologies you were not offered a refill, also good for us to know.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an afternoon without kids so we stopped here. The menu is fairly standard pub grub but after what we had I get the feeling it's on the higher end of the scale. I had the chili lime fish sandwich. Oh my! So good! The slaw on the sandwich was delicious, the spice was fiery but not over powering. I had the cowboy salad (I think that's what it was called) and at first I was turned off because I don't like arugula. I pulled it out and tried it. Wow! A citrus dressing that was so good. Dates, walnuts, corn, beans. Really good.
My wife had a veggie burger and it met her approval. We will be back.

Michele G, Owner at Browns Socialhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thanks for your kind review, Ben! We're glad you stopped by! You are correct, a great deal of the items on the menu are made in-house with fresh ingredients. Home made dressings with fresh herbs, beef roasted in-house, hand cut fries,hand pressed burgers without fillers...you get the idea:) Hope to see you again!