“Beautiful food and great service”

Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 362 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Description: Authentic Indian & Nepalese Cuisine
Description: Authentic Indian & Nepalese Cuisine
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We were staying at the hotel across the road and decided to try this restaurant. Boy am I glad we did! The food was excellent with a huge variety, beautifully served and plenty of it - too much actually but who is complaining! The restaurant had a good authentic Indian feel about it and the staff were friendly and attentive. Best dinner on the trip!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My 93 year old grandma, her boyfriend & I had a lovely evening. Go early, they got very busy on a Tuesday night.
Preorder the Chai tea for dessert time as it takes time to steep.
We had a variety of vegetable pakora, chicken & lamb dishes which we all enjoyed.
The sauces were excellent, the mango lassies were delicious to balance any spice.
The music was authentic & this appeared to be a family run restaurant.
Nice view.
Many steps up though & with a hearing aid it was a bit challenging when it got busy but that’s not the restaurants fault.

Had leftovers to take away & paid $100 for the 3 of us with 3 desserts to share; the honey soaked donut holes (can’t remember their name) - hot and delicious with the ice cream AND rice pudding!

Hoping to also live to 93 to keep on eating like this!

Pradip B, Owner at Kohinoor Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for your review and we are very happy you enjoyed our food and service.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I ordered crispy vegetable pakoras, Mutha Makhani, a dish of grilled boneless chicken, tomatoes, cream, butter, cashew nuts, ginger and garlic, served with a rice vegetable side dish. The serving utensils are copper. The waitresses were helpful, friendly and personable. We loved the window and patio views of the North Thompson and Paul Mountains.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Visited this place with my family on July 21. Vegetarian food in closing the Momos was delicious. The server Manisha made the whole experience feel like home. The Indian Chai was awesome and the custom made for our taste :). Will visit again!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I had a great experience with my server. Manisha made my visit comfortable and satisfactory. Would love to visit again as the customer service experience was excellent and the food was served on time too.