“awesome stay”

Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 January 2018

kamloops best western plus, was one of my most comfortable stay in a long time. Very clean, quiet, great continental breakfast, nice hot tub and pool. the staff were most helpful and the beds and temperature were very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tim R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for the 5! It is great to see my staff maintained their superior customer care with you.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I use the Best Western chain often as I usually receive consistent customer service and satisfaction. My 1 night stay at this BW was okay but did not quite meet my expectations.
The check-in took some time as the person was on the phone and failed to make eye contact with me or acknowledge my presence while they dealt with a phone reservation. I waited patiently. No acknowledgement of my BW status upon check in.
I thought the room set up was odd as was a 1 bedroom suite but the living room area was between the bedroom and the bathroom. The floor was carpeted but felt as if you were walking on cement - very hard.
One of the pleasures of staying in a hotel for me is to enjoy a coffee in bed watching the news before I start my day. The single cup coffee maker in the room was horrible to figure out and made a total mess with leaking water all over the place. I mentioned it to the front desk as I was checking out and they acknowledged that yes, they are difficult to operate.
My stay was in November (winter) and there was only a thin blanket with the sheet on the bed. For a BW Plus I expected at least a duvet especially in the winter time.
The breakfast was fine. The room was very clean. Everything else functioned in the room except for the coffee maker.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Tim R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for your comments. On behalf of the Team here, we apologize that your stay was not up to our standards or Best Western standard. We will take your comments and strive to improve our performance for all future guests so they will not get a experience like this.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Great experience overall. We booked our stay through points during a promotional offer, which allowed us to stay for free. Hotel met all our expectations, and was very clean and appealling. The breakfast was filling, and there were many options.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tim R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for the 5!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

our stay was great. We had a larger room that slept 4. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. we really enjoyed the breakfast and 3 of us used the fitness room. It was a busy time for the staff as it snowed 6 inches outside and there were a lot of travellers with confused schedules

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tim R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you for your review. The winter always makes a hectic schedule of new arrivals or cancellations due to weather. After 7 winters, our staff are use to the short changes that happen at this time of year.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

1. noisy neighbors - just families ignorant of hotel etiquette (i.e. default to being quiet; people often stay to rest from a long journey, right?) 2. dead TV remote - replaced twice and still not fully functional 3. water soaked carpet outside bathroom; not easy to miss if you walk around in socks I guess. However, not caught by cleaning staff.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We do apologize for the problems during your stay. Our staff do try to keep up on the batteries with our remotes. We have scheduled a complete remote change for spring 2018 as they are now 3 years old. Wet carpet should of been caught by the staff member who cleaned your room. we will discuss with the team for future guests not to experience. we do apologize.