We stayed at the South Thompson Inn for two nights - they are clearly very aware of the power of Tripadvisor, and encourage their guests to submit reviews, so here goes!
The Inn is about 20 minutes drive from Kamloops; we preferred the quieter Shuswap road on the same side of the river as the hotel. There are paddocks at the front, and the river is immediately behind the hotel - the location is beautiful. Rooms are individually named and decorated (there were some rather bizzare choices of names - very entertaining). We were on the first floor overlooking the river, which was ideal. It should be noted that there are no lifts, so those with reduced mobility should ask for a ground floor room.
The room had a very comfortable bed and was tastefully furnished. It had a balcony shared with the adjacent room. There was also a connecting door which was lockable from either or both sides. It would have been nice to have a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities - one would expect this of an hotel of this size and standard.The bathroom was very well equipped. We did notice that the sound insulation was not very good - we could, at one point, hear three different television programmes! The air conditioning was quiet and efficient. The room was light and bright, and had a really lovely view over the South Thompson river.
The breakfast arrangement was slightly strange. We were given a card to fill in to say what we wanted and whether we wanted it in our room (for $2 extra per person) or in the lounge. For people who had breakfast in the lounge it seemed to make no difference what was written, so the system could be dispensed with in this case. The hotel seemed understaffed again, (see separate review of Madisens restaurant) especially as the poor waitress had to carry a lot of breakfast trays up two flights of stairs. Breakfast comprised cereal (a choice of three cereals including a rather stale granola), a bowl of fresh fruit, a bowl of yoghurt, a slice of cake and tea or coffee (self service).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "Unique Boutique" Inn is situated on 55 beautifully landscaped acres right on the South Thompson River. Guest accommodations are all individually decorated and feature balconies overlooking the spectacular mountain or river views, luxurious bathrobes, soaker or jetted bathtubs & complimentary wireless internet service. Adjacent to Rivershore Golf Links."Kentucky style" Inn with Western Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your South Thompson Inn & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- South Thompson Conference Center
- South Thompson Inn - Guest Ranch
- South Thompson Inn And Conference Center
- South Thompson Hotel Kamloops
- Thompson Inn Kamloops