“Great Kamloops restaurant right off the #1 highway”

Harold's Family Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 358 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Valleyview
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I really liked going to Harold's. This place was only a couple minutes walk from my motel, and what a surprise. Neat memorabilia on the walls, making the decor a 50's diner like feel. My Clubhouse and fries was very good and satisfying. I liked the menu. I stayed thirsty for the cider back at the motel, but the milkshakes looked great. Good service, too.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Harold's is what you would expect from a trucker stop type restaurant. The milkshakes were delicious and the food wasn't bad. The decor is fun and diner-y.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Despite coming in with a party of eight on a busy Saturday morning we were seated quickly. We waited a little bit for our order, maybe 20-30 minutes but given the crowd this seemed reasonable. The food when it arrived was exactly as ordered and very tasty with generous portions.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I have been going to Harolds for approx 4 years and was a good deal for quantity/quality vs. price. Now, sorry Harolds but terrible, quantity way down on some dishes, quality gone way downhill and now expensive for what one gets. Also, some staff appear like it is so hard to work there, not friendly and a real downer. Also, if someone substitutes on a menu item, before they get charged extra, the customer needs to be advised, not just add the price. very disappointed......
I certainly hope Harolds takes note, not criticize people for the comments or argue as has appeared to be the case in other reviews.
Please learn from comments.....will still go to this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Almost walked out. Took 40 minutes to get our food, and we had come in at 11:35am before the lunch rush started. We sat near the kitchen pass counter and could see that plates sat for an average of a full five minutes on the counter before being picked up...much too long. Lots of staff hanging around but not much getting done from the looks of things. Some staff looked like they were on the ball, but others looked like they were moving under water, and we got one of those. Food was barely warm but we were starving so we stayed and ate. Beef dip sandwich was tasty and contained a good portion of beef but the jus had been slopped over into the plate, so my husband's half of the sandwich was so soggy it was falling apart. Fries were good although not hot as mentioned. Caesar salad had good flavor but was limp and soggy. My husband felt bad having suggested we go there, but I was in a generous mood so decided to give it an "average" rating. Will be a while before we try it again.