See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2015

People have to understand that you cannot expect Ritz amenities at an Econolodge. So we found this hotel surprisingly good for its category.
We stayed here for the wine festival, with tourist season winding down, so it was not overly crowded in town.
The room with kitchenette is very well appointed, with stove, fridge, microwave, sink, table and chairs, some dishes, pots and pans, condiments etc.
Everything was clean and working, so what more do you want.
For negatives: the rooms, even in the back, are a bit noisy from the traffic. The continental breakfast is just adequate, but there are several restaurants, fast food choices and even a grocery store within walking distance.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2015

We are on a road trip for a month and Kelowna was our first stop on route to Rockies, we have not pre booked any accommodation and came across this econo lodge when we stopped at a local Starbucks to hook up to free wifi to find something.

We pre booked online I think for $108 can't recall if this was pre or post tax being added either way it worked out around the £60 mark or £70 tops if tax wasn't included, however you look at it it was cheap.

Room is clean, has a seating area with table a mini kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle and sink area, a bathroom (a bit space age but seems to be all the rage in Canada the bath and shower is an all in one unit) and a private balcony with chairs. For this type of money back home you'd get a bed in a box room and a bathroom you couldn't swing a cat in! We both had a good nights sleep and found beds comfy (partner is fussy on beds and suited him down to ground with bad back) also free wifi which connected fine and had no issues with and we were opposite side of building to the lobby

Breakfast is bagels and condiments or muffins, coffee and apple/orange juice we didn't realise the idea is to take brekkie back to your room and had handed in our key already so we ate in the small lobby on the two chairs, both staff were chatty and friendly and one gave advice on Banff accommodation over the labor weekend suggesting Canmore as an alternative

We didn't use the pool area so can't comment on this, seems bizarre these type of budget accommodations have pool facilities! Maybe it's possible to find something without these added extras for a cheaper stay I don't know.

Good for size and value for money, clean place to rest and good facilities in room inc coffee.

If we stayed again I'd try to get a ground floor room to save lugging cases up the stairs, would definitely stay again. Can't understand the bad reviews this is not a 5* luxury resort it's a motel off a highway and I'd say a very good one for facilities and value.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have cases to lug
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We stayed at the econo lodge on Kelowna for three nights in mid July. Staff were not pleasant and not willing to resolve any issues. Continental breakfast was an overstatement, costco muffins. Rooms appeared to be clean, but outdated. Issues included a shower system that automatically went from hot to cold; a hot tub that was colder than the pool; a very loud air conditioner; and a lack of customer support upon check-out! The best thing about the econo lodge is the location as it is across the street from a strip mall with a grocery store. Given that we went during high season, we paid $140 per night; very poor value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from gordon street.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank s b
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

My friends and I rented a room with 1 queen bed and a pullout couch for the weekend. Upon arrival the man at the front desk was really rude when we were checking in and gave off negative vibes. We were told it was a room for 2 adults but didn't think it would be a problem to have someone on the pullout since that's what it was there for.. We were in town for a music festival and on our second night coming home, (pretty late-but we were very quiet and not drunk) security was outside and would not let me inside my room. They screamed at me and told me I wasn't allowed because my name wasn't on the register, however I paid for a third of the room. They were incredibly rude, I was not being difficult or rude back I simply started walking away when they continued to yell and tell I couldn't go in. It was horrible and so unprofessional. Every staff member we encountered was mean and we were never loud or deserving of this treatment. Horrible experience and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Only good thing was the room was clean. If you like being screamed at by staff for no reason then this is a great hotel but it was a completely uncomfortable experience. DO NOT RECCEMEND!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank gillchahda421
Reviewed 16 June 2015

We arrived to get a room & these young adults decided to rev their motor bike right under the entrance to the office. And continued as they sat outside in the parking lot & no staff came out to deal with these rowdy young adults. We thought "maybe we shouldn't stay" but it was getting late, and we where tried. It progress later into the early nights with them getting into an screaming arguments match in the parking lot. And no staff came out to tell be quite. In the wee our of the morning they got into yet another screaming match in the parking lot and than progress to rev their motor bikes. This time we called front desk and we where told simply quote: "they will stop" no staff came out to ask them to stop, or did the cops ever come to deal with these young adults, they just allowed them to continue. When we complain again to the morning the staff said quote " oh they quite it down " No sorry about these people. just a look like unconcerned. Yes after 4 am they did. I guess your not allow sleep when you are staying their ? Beds where not comfortable with the little sleep we did get, time to change the beds!! only positive note room where clean

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family