“Splendid Sojourn!”
other travellers have booked this property
Sage room Lavender room
Our beautiful lake
Beautiful Lake Okanagan & Vineyards
Lake Okanagan
Mission creek
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SunnyThou...
Sacramento, California
“Splendid Sojourn!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

I recently treated myself to several days stay at the Cherry Tree Bed and Breakfast in stunning Kelowna, B.C. And what a treat it was! From the ample, tastefully decorated private suite to the myriad of things to do in the nearby area, my stay exceeded my every expectation.
Sumptuous breakfasts were prepared and served by the charming hosts, Margo and Christian. The ingredients were fresh and of the highest quality…, simply delectable! Since the weather was absolutely gorgeous, I chose to eat in the delightfully decorated backyard, under the cherry tree and among the oodles of gorgeous blooming flowers. Every time I entered or left the unit through the garden, it brought a smile to my face. Very cheery!
The suite was impeccably clean, the bed super comfy and the décor made me feel as if I was in a darling cottage in the south of France. Books and movies were provided for quiet moments. All the special touches were present. Unlimited WiFi was included in the price. This made it super easy to get area information in addition to that provided by the engaging hosts.
There were so many things to see and do in the Okanagan Valley, many available within walking distance in Kelowna. Not to miss is the trendy downtown area, the marina offering numerous water activities (including paddle boats) and the endless parks and beaches, all a short walk away. Bring your bike! Very easy to ride for miles and stop along the lake as you please. And then there’s the ubiquitous wineries, each unique. If you have a vehicle, you must visit Mission Hills. The gorgeous views, buildings, art and grounds are awesome. For lunch, I would suggest Gray Monk Winery; great wine, excellent food. But most importantly, ask Christian for directions to Carmelis, where you will find purveyors of the finest goats’ milk gelato you have ever tasted…no kidding! Who would have thought? I guarantee, you will go back again, and again! MMMmmmm…..DIVINE!
I highly recommend a stay at the Cherry Tree Bed and Breakfast. I know you will find it as I did; superb in every respect! Hats off to Margo and Christian for operating such a top notch establishment!

Travelling group: Solo
Jack C
Reading, United Kingdom
“The Ideal B & B”
Reviewed 17 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Excellent central but quiet location. Comfortable well-appointed accommodation - spacious private suite and use of attractive patio garden. Outstanding fresh, imaginative and varied breakfasts. Friendly and helpful owners.

Really enjoyed our stay - couldn't have asked for more!

Travelling group: Family
Linda M
Calgary, Canada
“The breakfasts alone are worth the stay.”
Reviewed 6 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

The rooms were elegant and spotless, and the hosts, Margo and Christian were delightful. We were fortunate enough to have good weather, so we enjoyed Margo's gourmet breakfasts al fresco under the cherry tree. All in all, a great stay and great value.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Harjot1
Vancouver, Canada
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Excellent excellent excellent. It's extremely small and tends to only accommodate just one family so you get a great deal of one on one attention. The rooms are extremely clean and stay very cool during the hot summer days. The hosts are extremely friendly. Breakfast is excellent and under the beautiful cherry tree in the very well kept backyard. It's close to everything in Kelowna with only a 15 minute walk to City Park.

Oh, and it's also so cheap! Highly recommend to anyone.

Travelling group: Family
Tambell
Vancouver Island
“Lovely B and B in the heart of Kelowna”
Reviewed 24 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

After reviewing several Bed and Breakfasts in Kelowna I selected the Cherry Tree as it looked quiant and inviting. Even though it wasn't on the lake it had the advantage of beinig centrally located in Kelowna. It had a charming look to it and the fact that it wasn't just a room in a house was appealing. The basement suite, tastefully decorated with flavours of the south of France was a welcoming and comfortable escape at the end of the day. Margo and Christian were delightful hosts who greeted us with warm hospitality and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We were served breakfast on colourful china in either the back yard under the cherry tree or their kitchen (the weather wasn't ideal during most of our stay). We very muched enjoyed starting our day with lively conversations and continental style breakfasts which we indicated upon arrival were our preference. I even asked Margo for her muffin recipe as they were so delicious. We wouldn't hesitate to return to the Cherry Tree next time we are in the area. We left feeling like we had made some new friends.

Travelling group: Friends
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing