“Could be great with some staff changes”

WildPlay Element Parks Kelowna
Book In Advance
More Info
US$33.54*
and up
Kelowna Classic Aerial Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Just outside downtown Kelowna, people ages five to adult enjoy cool outdoor adventure games. WildPlay's popular Monkido aerial obstacle courses include dozens of suspended obstacles and zip-lines. Guests move at their own pace across tightropes, plank bridges, swinging logs; cargo nets, tree ladders, and more surprises - six to 60 feet above ground! Demonstration is included; no experience is necessary - just the ability to "monkey-see, monkey-do"! ...Thrill seekers test their mettle with a What's To Fear Jump (WTF Jump), a 40-foot loose-line leap from high perch to forest floor (Coming July 2015). ...The giant Primal Swing is an intense pendulum ride that arcs 110-feet (at 140 km/hr) into the Okanagan abyss! ...Seven DragonFLY Zip Lines are a rush of scenic flying fun across the Park and around cliffs, valleys, and flatlands. Challenge your abilities, discover your inner monkey, spend time with friends, and push your limits in Kelowna's most unique outdoor play space! Book online or by phone. Walk-ins welcome during regular check-in times. Groups welcome, call to book.
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is a very challenging / fun place but a few staff ruined it for us. It was very hot and almost all water stations were out. I had to stop the courses as I was almost getting heat exhaustion. Our "guide" didn't seem to want to be there at all and after our orientation was no where to be seen. Other groups appeared to get tips from theirs while we were left on our own. Lastly, we had called the number to book which is a call center. I explained ages, etc and they said one course and jump could be done, making no mention of height restriction. Upon arrival my son was too short to do the one course but it's "no refunds". Thankfully we had someone else able to go with him to the kids course, and we put my daughter on it to use up money, but it's crazy that once I gave credit card info it was done.

I'm hoping they work on customer service as I'd like to return. Keep in mind, we got 3 people that were not great. Many of them were great!

All reviews
"platform"
in 4 reviews
"activity"

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The staff of the Westbank Visitor's Centre had a blast at WildPlay! The experience was first-class from start to finish. The Wildplay staff was extremely friendly and helpful in preparation for the course, and offered encouragement and advice all the way through. With how WildPlay has their courses set up, they get progressively more difficult as your group advances. This allowed for the more daring members of our group to sate their desire for excitement, while allowing more cautious people to comfortably participate within their boundaries. We only did the Aerial Adventure Courses but found that WildPlay has several other options, ranging from leisurely adventure outings to extreme and intense thrills. Our visit was certainly wild and we highly recommend this to both visitors and locals alike. Go check them out!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

All 3 children participated in the different courses for their age. The guides were super friendly, helpful and encouraging. I would highly encourage you to book ahead online before stopping in. We are definitely going back!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

At Wildplay Element Parks in Kelowna, everyone is smiling. Seriously, everybody is showing teeth and laughing; its ghastly. I'd rather watch a child lose his ice cream to gravity or a poster of a lost dog than hear the "good times" everyone is having. Appalling, just appalling.

Thankfully, it was a little bit hard to find. There ARE signs posted at the road, but then you get gleefully lost in a little RV park before finding more signs that allow you to gloomily continue on your way. How unpleasant.

I can tell this park is dangerous but I didn't even hear one cry of despair! The staff---with these horrendous smiles and loathsome attitudes of contentment--- are well trained and are careful to explain the preventative safety measures. If only they weren't so good at their job; not even a pinched finger or twisted ankle (hmph). We had a gent, Robbie, and a gal, Jocelyn, as our guides. Unfortunately, nobody was injured. Be that as it may, we did have a few terrified faces come down the line! A few were delightfully nervous when pulling on the brakes too hard brought them to a full stop! That would have been the highlight of my trip. All the same, a beastly time.

It's also worthwhile to mention that this was Jocelyn's first group on the zip-line course and she was horrendous. I couldn't believe how friendly she was to everyone and how calming she was when anybody became stuck. It was sickening to see someone so jovial. I did get to throw her into the air by jumping on a wooden suspension bridge, but even that was short lived when she took it in stride and bounced along in synchronization. She was dreadfully lovely and had she a more displeased demeanor, I would be sorted to know her. As it is, shes awful.

All in all, I can see how a content and happy person would enjoy their time here. Because there were: no injuries, too much laughter, no tears, too many smiles, no accidents, too much happiness and no bad weather, I have to rate this park verbally with "atrocious, no fun at all."

TL;DR

If you don't get it, I had a wonderful time at WildPlay. I took part in the zip-line tour and had a wonderful time. Our guides were lovely and knowledgeable and the course was not extremely challenging but fun and fast none the less. I recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a fantastic way to spend the day. Jocelyn, special shout-out to you.

1  Thank The_Happy_Canadian15