“Just a wee bit disappointed....”
Review of Casa Sasso - CLOSED

Casa Sasso
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casa Sasso Italia Foodbar offers you authentic contemporary Neapolitan, Roman and Italian Cuisine. Enjoy the dishes as they are prepared in Italy today!
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Being a 'local' and never knowing about this little spot I was impressed by the super reviews - it all sounded so wonderful and here in my own town.....it was our 30th anniversary so a special night of sorts - thought it would be perfect! Nice clean little spot - fresh and airy looking! We had neither the owner or her son come out and mingle with the guests (which other reviewers had talked about)....food was well prepared for the most part. This is true Italian Style and they use perhaps a little too much oil on everything for my liking. Pasta was lovely (I'd ask for less oil next time). The antipasti was well presented and super good! We shared the $12 plate as our appy. My husband had the chicken entrée (we both thought the chicken was unappealing, very pale and not to our liking). Service lacked big time on our special night....both gals seemed to be fill ins, clumsy and one especially was totally uninterested. Bottle of wine, shared appy, 2 pastas and one entrée + 2 super great coffees just over $100.00. In their defence this was the August long week-end so I will give them another chance and will definitely ask for less olive oil poured over all next time. This town has a sad history of seeing restaurants come and go very quickly, some start out very wonderfully and then things change. It's a tough business to be in here in Kelowna. Great potential and I was very excited to try what sounded like a great little gem in our own town - I will try lunch next time and not on a busy long week-end.

1  Thank Msdonna96

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent simple italian food. Nice service. On Bernard street, near everything. Try it! Un resto italien cool de Kelowna!

1  Thank VINCENTL5157
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We heard about this place through Tripadvisor and found it had good reviews. We went here for dinner on a weekday, fairly late. We were the only ones in there and were a bit hesitant at first. After an amazing meal and excellent service we had nothing but good things to say! We will definitely be back for another amazing meal, at a good price too!
Glad we found this hidden gem!

3  Thank DJsquare-
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just discovered this restaurant and we loved it. I understand that it has been open for over a year, but they should probably do more advertising because we had never heard about it. I agree with all the tripadvisor reviews. The antipasto sampler tray was a great suggestion. I had the Pesto Pistachio Pasta....so different and delicious. Price was very reasonable. And the two servers (twins) were delightful. It wasn't very busy....so hopefully the word will spread and Casa Sasso will be feeding us for years to come.
Only negative.....the food could have been hotter.

4  Thank good2go2
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This restaurant has excellent service and the food was delicious and well-prepared. We chose this restaurant based on the reviews we found here and we were not disappointed. The appetizer tray was very interesting - different than any I've had before and entree's were tasty and well-seasoned. We shared the dessert and it was plenty enough for two. We really enjoyed our experience here and the atmosphere almost made you feel as if you were at home without all the work of making the meal.

1  Thank kcrafty999