“Great Food!”

Casa Sasso
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casa Sasso Italia Foodbar offers you authentic contemporary Neapolitan, Roman and Italian Cuisine. Enjoy the dishes as they are prepared in Italy today!
Reviewed 12 September 2014

Been here twice now, this place is great! Authentic Italian, reasonably priced, and decent wine. This one's a gem.

1  Thank AUDIocee

Reviewed 15 August 2014

From out of town - walked past two closed Italian restraints before arriving at door of Cassa. Such flavours! My wife liked the decor - myself the exquisite flavours!

1  Thank bulkley_monk
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our first time to Casa Sasso. Being a Kelowna resident of 40 years, I had not heard of Casa Sasso but then there are over 500 eating establishments in this city. Friends of ours recommended Caso Sasso and the reviews by tripadvisor rated this restaurant in the top 10% in Kelowna. Sorry but we can't agree with that rating.

We were a group of ten taking in a meal before going to a movie. Our server was honest and told us that because of the size of our group, that all the food would not come out at the same time. We said that was O.K. The first 9 meals arrived with just minutes in between each other. However the 10th meal (which was the same as one of the first nine) did not arrive until most of us had finished our meals. And to top it off, it was not even close to the same meal ordered by one of the group. This meal was refused and we were not charged for it. Two other people could not and did not eat most of their meals.

We found the meal sizes rather on the small size and prices to be "up there" when you considered portion size. Out of our group of 10 at least six will not go back to Casa Sasso.

A big disappointment.

3  Thank Victor H
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I ordered the special, the waitress said it was to die for so I thought it would be amazing. It was supposed to be pasta with meat sauce, it turned out to be shredded stew meat with undercooked pasta (it was even more raw than al dente). It also cost $20 for each of us. Although there was good service and my mom thought there was good decor. I was very unimpressed with our meal as a whole.

2  Thank Liam K
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Being a 'local' and never knowing about this little spot I was impressed by the super reviews - it all sounded so wonderful and here in my own town.....it was our 30th anniversary so a special night of sorts - thought it would be perfect! Nice clean little spot - fresh and airy looking! We had neither the owner or her son come out and mingle with the guests (which other reviewers had talked about)....food was well prepared for the most part. This is true Italian Style and they use perhaps a little too much oil on everything for my liking. Pasta was lovely (I'd ask for less oil next time). The antipasti was well presented and super good! We shared the $12 plate as our appy. My husband had the chicken entrée (we both thought the chicken was unappealing, very pale and not to our liking). Service lacked big time on our special night....both gals seemed to be fill ins, clumsy and one especially was totally uninterested. Bottle of wine, shared appy, 2 pastas and one entrée + 2 super great coffees just over $100.00. In their defence this was the August long week-end so I will give them another chance and will definitely ask for less olive oil poured over all next time. This town has a sad history of seeing restaurants come and go very quickly, some start out very wonderfully and then things change. It's a tough business to be in here in Kelowna. Great potential and I was very excited to try what sounded like a great little gem in our own town - I will try lunch next time and not on a busy long week-end.

1  Thank Msdonna96