“I thought I was back in Rome.....”
Review of Casa Sasso - CLOSED

Casa Sasso
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casa Sasso Italia Foodbar offers you authentic contemporary Neapolitan, Roman and Italian Cuisine. Enjoy the dishes as they are prepared in Italy today!
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Talk about a simply magic meal in Kelowna..I never realised you could get the real thing outside of Italy. 8 of us for dinner [4 children] and we just felt really comfortable with the venue and the menu. The dishes say it all...AUTHENTIC ITALIAN so I couldn't understand why there was any need to reinforce the Italian theme with the decor or the music. Nevertheless, I never paid that another thought as we were all totally consumed with what was served up.

The carbonara is to die for. It is equal or better than most I have had in Italy. I could eat this every night if I could afford a larger wardrobe. The supli [small arancini] are delightful and the Pesto al Pistacchio brilliant. I could go on and on but I need to leave something for others to discover.

Love love love chef Gabriella

Enjoy Sasso

4  Thank johnmalian

Reviewed 4 October 2014

Love this place, I brought people here and they loved it! We tried lots of food and I love how different it is than your typical Italian restaurant in canada, well done! Pistachio pesto is soooooo good.

4  Thank timw33
Reviewed 2 October 2014

The food was good, although very spicy. For those of us with a low tolerance for hot spice, watch out! Service was good. The menu should be printed in darker ink or the lights need to be brighter. Very hard to read.

3  Thank SFL201
Reviewed 19 September 2014

So we stumbled on Casa Sasso in Kelowna on Tuesday night around 7:00. Didn't really know what to expect- it was fantastico! Shared a meat & cheese plate/ sweet onion jam/ & olives with 1/2 liter of Italian wine- spectacular deal.Then attacked Caccio e Pepe- I can truly say it was like being in Rome. Authentic, delicious and soulful. And if you know Roman cuisine, it isn't about fancy, complicated dishes, it is about simple authentic fare that is trickier to get right than you think- 3 ingredients done to perfection. Spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino- spaghetti, garlic, oil and hot pepper flakes was again perfecto. Seasonal dessert of lady fingers in Limoncello with a cream and fresh raspberries. The espresso was oddly perfect. I say oddly because there are so many so-so coffees out there that just finish a meal off badly. This was not the case. Well done to Gabriella.

2  Thank Pastispernod
Reviewed 12 September 2014

Been here twice now, this place is great! Authentic Italian, reasonably priced, and decent wine. This one's a gem.

1  Thank Raj D