“Love being by the water”
Review of Smack DAB

Smack DAB
Reserve with OpenTable
Smack DAB is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 664 Restaurants in Kelowna
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Cross street: Lakeshore & Cook
Description: Smack DAB is a lively kitchen and bar located in the heart of Manteo Resort on the shores of Okanagan Lake. Open daily for buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks. Smack DAB is as perfect for a quick beer after work as it is for an amazing dinner on Kelowna’s largest lakeside patio. Smack DAB, offers premium casual dining. Sit in a booth and watch our Smack DAB chefs prepare your favorite item from our forno oven & open concept kitchen area. The room is designed to take full advantage of the incredible lake views from the restaurant and bar, private dining room, and outdoor patio. Large folding glass doors allow for an open-air environment in the summer months. We are equally serious about our suds as we are about our food. We offer Kelowna’s largest selection of craft beer.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My favourite restaurant, specially in the summer. Sitting out on the deck watching the kitesurfing and the duck. Excellent food and service. Been there with my family and other times with friends. For dinners and lunches.

ManteoResort, Manager at Smack DAB, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Ruth-Wenche G, We are pretty lucky to be entertained by our view all year round. I am so glad you enjoyed the food and service. We hope to see you again sometime soon. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We go here often as you can’t beat the lake view and the happy hour drinks. They have the best red sangria!
Pizza is yummy and their french fries are delicious. We’ve tried many menu items with no complaints about the food. Always well seasoned and tasty.
Normally the chairs are clean and the restaurant seems clean however the last two times I was seated in dirty chairs and then a booth! I had to wash my jacket last time cause as I said to the waitress, “it looks like someone had been shot”! Waitress replied, ‘it’s on our list to get to it’. I don’t know if it was years of wine or sauce but I was really disgusted at how dirty the back of the booths are. Please clean them or cover them in a material you can actually wipe clean!
Would hate to stop going to this restaurant due to housekeeping issues.
I always take out of town guests and friends there. Everyone enjoys.

2  Thank 990raquelt
ManteoResort, Manager at Smack DAB, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello 990raquelt,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read how much you enjoy our menu items!

As for our housekeeping issues, this was an unfortunate incident. We take pride in not only our menus, service, and atmosphere, we definitely take pride in the cleanliness of the restaurant. I am speechless that this happened. I would love if you could contact me directly so I can discuss this further with you.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to discussing this further with you.

Ally Morrow
amorrow@manteo.com

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. Breakfast buffet was great. The food was fresh and hot. Dinner was excellent.

ManteoResort, Manager at Smack DAB, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

It's great to hear that Maxar71! Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed Smack DAB so much. Hopefully we will see you back here soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Great food, great atmosphere and the service is always over the top. Sit on the patio and enjoy happy hour with friends.. waterfront dinning in a comfortable setting. Menu is always fresh and inspiring. My favorite is the Tuna Nicoise!!!! Mmmm!

ManteoResort, Manager at Smack DAB, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thank you TJL2 for your review! I do have to agree with you that our food, atmosphere, and service is great. We are lucky to enjoy the amazing views every day. Please keep an eye on our website as we do change our menu seasonally. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

House red wine was not bad. Nice view of the lake with a large outdoor area for warmer weather. The brick oven "Maui" pizza was very good, with bacon rather than ham.

Hello Randycoeur!

Thank you for your review! I agree that we do have a nice view. Have you enjoyed it on our patio? Its pretty amazing. Make note that seating is first come first serve on our patio, so come early to get that seat, as it fills fast. I will let Chef know that you enjoyed the change of our Maui pizza. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again.