“Girls retreat”

Roots & Vines Tour Co
Ranked #5 of 72 Food & Drink in Kelowna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wine tours: We facilitate a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for people to learn about our valley...about our wines, our cuisine and the natural beauty of our landscape. We pick up and drop off at most hotels, motels, B & B's in Kelowna and area. Want a little more than a wine tour? We offer Adventure Tours; Choose Your Own Adventure Tours - a morning of activity, (such as: cycling at Myra Canyon, kayaking on Okanagan Lake, Ziplining in Oyama or Snowshoeing at Telemark- Crystal Mountain,) a lunch stop at a local winery then a relaxing afternoon on wine tour. A perfect combination! Our hope is that YOU will experience genuine hospitality and feel a sense of being grafted into the local community. Hometown hospitality, rooted in rich heritage; that's what Roots and Vines is all about.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Wow... what an amazing tour!! We all had the pleasure of having Mike as our tour guide. He read the upbeat energy of our group and matched it perfectly. His knowledge, sense of humor and passion for wine made our trip very memorable. I highly recommend Roots and Vines wine tours... I doubt any other tour could top it. Thank for everything Mike!!

Michael_Terri, Owner at Roots & Vines Tour Co, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you for choosing Roots & Vines Tour Co.

Thank you also for taking the time to post such a kind review. :)
We think Mike is a terrific host and we are happy to hear you had such a memorable experience.

Please come back and see us!

All reviews
"wine business"
"wine tasting"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were celebrating her birthday, and we did their Lake Country tour of 5 wineries and we had a wonderful time, we would definitely do it again. Mike was an amazing host and super knowledgeable on all things wine. Booking was easy, and they were even accommodating to adjust our start time a tad bit because we were running a little late. Thanks for the great tour - highly recommended!

Amir,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate it!

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your day touring the Lake Country wineries with your tour guide Michael. It is a great way to spend celebrating a birthday. ;)
We hope to see you sometime again here in the Okanagan Valley. :)

cheers,

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I chose Roots and Vines because of the great reviews and was not disappointed. Micheal was a delight from the moment he picked us up in his very confortable large van. He introduced us to everyone on the tour and kept us entertained on the long drive to Osoyoos with his knowledge of wine, local history and some very funny jokes.
His attention to detail at the wineries was great, collecting wine you had purchased and storing it in a cooler. We stopped at Miradora Restaurant at Tin Horn Creek for a delightful lunch.
All in all a really fun day. I highly recommend Roots and Vines for your next wine excursion.

Thank you for choosing Roots & Vines Tour Co. and for posting your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed touring with Michael in the Oliver/Osoyoos area.
Yes, we agree that Miradoro Restaurant is a wonderful place for lunch.

We hope you come back and visit us. Perhaps you will try another wine region here in the Okanagan valley?! :)

Reviewed 8 August 2018

My husband and I celebrated our 45th anniversary with a trip to beautiful B.C. and the last dayof our trip we treated ourselves to a guided tour of some of the many wineries in this spectacular valley. Our guide Gary picked us up at our Bed and Breakfast and was attentive and thoughtful as well very knowledgeable about the areas we were travelling around . We learned a lot about all of the places we visited as well as about the different wine types and what to pair them with. The trip to the goat farm to taste the different cheeses and gelato was a lovely addition. It was wonderful to not have to worry about finding our way around on our own in a new city and we always felt safe and well taken care of as we drove around the hilly country taking in the breathtaking scenery of the Okanagan area. As an added bonus....I left behind a scarf, that was very special to me, in the vehicle, and the company sent the scarf to me in Ontario -postage paid- ! Now that is caring for your customers! Thank you Root and Vines, I hope to come back some day and will definitely recommend you to anyone I know who will be visiting Kelowna in the future.

1  Thank Mar52

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate it!

A wine tour is a wonderful way to spend an anniversary. Especially one so special as #45! We are so happy you spent it with Roots & Vines Tour Co. :)
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your special day touring the Lakeshore wineries. Yes, the goat cheese and gelato is a special treat; one of our favourites ;)
I know how it is when you leave something special behind, so it was my privilege to send your scarf back to you.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and we do hope you come and visit us next time you are in the Okanagan Valley.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I had personally done a wine tour with Mike last year and a group of girlfriends. When I planned a trip to Kelowna with my boyfriend, his mom, dad, and sister I did not hesitate to recommend doing our tour with Roots and Vines. I sent my initial e-mail to Terri and had a response within a day. Considering we were booking for the long weekend I anticipated our options would be limited. After speaking with Terri she was able to offer us the Lake Country Tour and lunch at the Grapevine. I mentioned that I had met Mike lsat year and that he would get along great with my boyfriend's dad, being picked up by Mike for our tour was not expected with such short notice. Mike is full of knowledge, experience, and humour. Our group was small, two others joined us that we got to know on the tour. Mike was professional throughout, and ensured everyone was comfortable at each winery while also offering to take photos and be in some as well! My family had a dinner reservation we needed to make, Mike offered to take our wine back to the hotel and even sent photos to show it had been safely dropped off. This was a five star experience from pick up to drop-off. My boyfriend's mom is back in Kelowna 3 weeks from now and is already in contact with Mike to book her tour!

Thank you Nicole for posting a review. We know life gets busy, so we appreciate our guests taking the time to write a review. :)

We are excited when we get repeat customers. It means we are doing something right. And by the sounds of it, you and your group were happy with our customer service and Michael's 'hometown hospitality' on your wine tour of the Lake Country Scenic Sip.

We are thrilled to hear that your experience was so positive and we look forward to touring with you again!
"When you're with the Metcalfes, you're with family!"
cheers,