Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Top Notch Dive Shop

My husband and I came to visit Nanaimo and wanted to take a dry suit course while there. We looked... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2018
rallemeier
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Awesome time

My partner and I went and learned to Scuba dive and how to use a dry suit in a week and change. We... read more

Reviewed 18 June 2018
Nathan D
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 March 2015

I recently shopped around at the different dive stores in Nanaimo and was blown away by the level of professionalism at Sink or Swim. Can't wait to start diving with these guys!! Extremely helpful staff, answered all my questions and went well beyond. You could not ask for better rental equipment, they are diving new open water clients in Whites fusion drysuits! I will have zero concerns about my partner learning to dive with them, as you can tell they are very safety conscious. Very excited about finding a dive shop of this quality!

Date of experience: February 2015
Shelagh R, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It means a lot to us that you had a good experience in our shop and walked away happy and confident.

Most of our Instructors have been diving with us and training with us for years and have the same level of professionalism when teaching or guiding. They are all extremely helpful, approachable and friendly. We hope your partner catches the 'scuba bug', and the course will be a positive experience and you'll have a new dive buddy.

I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review.

Shelagh

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Girlfriend and I showed up at 1pm on a Friday with our gear and cert cards. We needed a tank and weights each and told them we have time for one simple shore dive before we hit the road again.
They accommodated us immediately with weights, tanks, and even went above and beyond and mapped us out a perfect dive based on the time period we had and the current tide charts.
2 thumbs up. Beyond helpful. Great diving just up the road in Nanoose Bay...use Sink or Swim for all your scuba diving needs!

2  Thank nithomas
Shelagh R, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks for the review! We hope next time you two come out to the island you'll look us up again and join us for a couple of dives!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My son and I spent two days diving with Sink or Swim. We dove from the shore - saw seals, a sea lion, octopus, beautiful sun stars and rich fish life. Laurel and Steve were our guides and they were as knowledgeable and professional as I have seen. We are experienced divers and could tell immediately on walking into the dive shop that we were set for a great experience. The shop was clean, organized and the equipment was in great shape. First class.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We are a family of four and we had our own program tailored to our needs. Our instructor was first class - patient and professional. I was never uncomfortable or anxious for my children at any time. We all went away excited and ready for the next diving experience. Thank you so much Ray, Shelagh , Todd , Jill , and Gerry !

Date of experience: August 2013
shelaghricher, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your PADI open water course with us. We look forward to all of you returning for some fun dives and/or upgrading your dive skills and experience with some more PADI courses.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We couldn't spend time in Nanaimo without seeing our favorite divers. Of course this time we had our 2 year old who was just as excited about all the great gear as we were. What a wonderful chance to catch up with such great people. We still have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to go on an international dive with you guys.....bucket list!!

Date of experience: July 2013
Shelagh R, Owner at Sink or Swim Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Wouldn't a big group trip be fun? Sounds great! We enjoyed catching up with you and Owen. Miss seeing you two more often, but really glad you dropped by.
Shelagh