“A home away from home”

Arundel Mansion
Brisbane, Australia
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed at the Arundel Mansions as a stepping stone to finding permanent accomodation in Vancouver. Our 2 week stay was very enjoyable, economical and really felt like a home away from home. We had everything we needed to cook and relax and thoroughly enjoyed the period furniture and overall charm of the apartment. The skytrain and a great supermarket are both a short walk away. We were prepared for the noise from the Skytrain and did not find it to be excessive. There was also some construction noise but again it quickly became background noise. I would highly recommend the apartments to anyone looking for Vancouver accomodation, especially if they want to enjoy some charm rather than a shiny, modern hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the soutside are closer to the Skytrain and probably noisier
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Fantastic suites with charming details. Excellent perks (especially the wine). Earplugs provided to offset the proximity of the train. Great location! All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank katcob
New York, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2011

My 10 day stay at Arundel Mansion was a real joy. I had everything I needed including wireless hookup, kitchen and bathroom supplies and even a complimentary bottle of red wine! Glynn (husband owner) picked me up from the airport for a small fee and Myrna (wife owner) met with me to show me the ropes. They were gracious and very welcoming. My bed was really comfortable and I enjoyed the sound of the SkyTrain. The Saturday night street noice was no different than any city and short lived, so don't let that sway your decision to stay here. I would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Candace2011
Williams Lake, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Arundel Mansion for one full month while attending classes at the hypnotherapy school around the corner. The apartment was so quaint and charming that I quickly came to think of it as home. The kitchen is fully equipped so I could easily make my own meals with what was provided. The location is unbeatable with all the amenities within easy walking distance. Grocery stores, liquor store, banking, shopping and even a beautiful boardwalk for strolling...its all close by! The skytrain station is only a half block away and it will take you all the way downtown Vancouver! I just loved it there, I miss it already. The owners, Myrna and Glenn are the hardest working people I've met, constantly working on their renovations. I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vicky112
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We liked our stay there, took only positive memories and pictures with us.
I've never been in such buildings before, old manually controlled elevator is the most especial thing.

As mentioned, skytrain is noisy, all right. But we didn't focus on it, so it wasn't a problem at all

I'd recommend it for those who want to get into conditions of 100 years old life-style

Charming ladies: owner and manager

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4.8 km away
Ramada Coquitlam
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Arundel Mansion? Share your experiences!