“Mmmm good”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

I have the same thing every time and I never tire of it....red beef curry on coconut rice and lettuce wraps.....so good! Please never change

1  Thank aussienztraveler

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

If you simply want some good Thai food, this place has it. There are quite a few selections within the broad categories. There are even some BC salmon dishes. The food comes quickly. So they do well the most important thing. Everything else is mostly average; not bad, just not up to the same level as their food itself. If you're looking for tasty Thai food, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I was craving Thai food and after I had driven by this place a few times, I decided to try it. The place was empty this evening, maybe two tables of 4, other than me. The atmosphere was bland and could have used some ethnic background music to drown out the conversation of the other diners. I ordered my usual favourite dish at Thai restaurants, the red curry, this time with beef, instead of chicken. I chose a side of steamed rice to accompany the red curry. The meal came relatively promptly, shortly after ordering. Before my comments of the food, I must preface this by saying I have eaten at a few great Thai restaurants in other cities in B.C, so Prince George's Mai Thai has an up hill climb to begin with. Here we go: The red curry was very watery. I love coconut curry base to be much thicker. This curry looked more like a soup. The customary red curry flavours were there and the general taste was pretty good, but not great. If the curry had a thicker consistency, it might have made all the difference. The beef was plentiful, but ok in texture/flavour. In the future, I think I would stick to my usual favourite, chicken, in the red curry. The rice was also just ok. Service, after I was served the meal, was sparse. I had to wave down the waitress a couple of times to order more rice. I hate to compare restaurants in smaller towns/cities to similar restaurants in larger cities, but sometimes it can't be helped. Perhaps it's the lack of competition in smaller cities, that lower the bar of expectations of local diners. I must say, that some small towns/cities have some real restaurant gems, that could easily hold their own against, or even better, some top restaurants in bigger cities. Not in this case. The quantity was the only thing above average. The food was average, service was below average and the prices were above average. It might be the only Thai restaurant in Prince George, so you choices are very limited for Thai food.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

we go to Mai Thai all the time, good quality food, tasty, good service, but this one time it was off.... way off... the red curry had no flavor, the appetizer was bland and cold, the only thing good were the lettuce wraps. we asked the waitress/cashier if there was a new cook, she laughed and said no, same one for over 7 years. We said you know us as we come here all the time and the food was not good this time... way off, and we didn't think that we should pay for something not good.... she laughed and said thank you, implying that the deal was done, we took the risk of eating there , and it didn't work in our favor this time.
so, as a warning, unless the company wants to contact us and come good, that your taking a chance on getting good food here,,, usually it is great, but if it isn't, then your out of luck.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

I originally came to Mai Thai years ago when they first opened, it was refreshing to have some Thai cuisine in Prince George. Apparently times have changed, we had the appys for two, and the beef pad thai.

The appys for 2 were a greasy affair but if not for the grease everything would be too dry. When the Pad Thai arrived I was shocked by the dark brown color...there was barely a scallion or bean sprout to be seen in it, never mind the search for the small shivers of meat which was chewy and unappetizing. Another restaurant resting on it's laurels and not caring.

We barely ate any of the Pad Thai, in fact the picture I submitted is what I left on the plate. I told the waitress and the cashier about my displeasure, but I guess I am wrong and do not know what is good food or not is what she conveyed, and I am a simple local who does not know what good Thai food should taste like..They charged us full for the meal, over $35, 'it's ok, it's ok' she kept saying, yes, I guess it is ok when you are over charging people and not caring. What restaurant in their right mind would blame the customer? I've had some bad food at other places, but usually there was a mistake, they were apologetic, and sometimes they drop a charge. Not here. Never coming back, but for them, I'm sure 'it's ok'.

1  Thank beachgringoBC