“Tasty food and ok services but with the range it is pricey ”
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
Ranked #43 of 243 Restaurants in Prince George
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Only Thai place in town. Taste is in middle range for Thai, can be improve bit more less dry meat and oily noodle. Services it is slow (most the time only one person work as waiter) but still tolerable. Even thought food come out fast. But the price it is high for the amount of food (two dishes never enough to share with couple people). Appy was super high price, never order them. Give you a idea dinner we order out 3 dishes (green curry, pat Thai, and a soup-rice it is extract order) price at around $50.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We've eaten at Mai Thai a number of times and every time it's been so tasty. Service is great and food arrives quickly. Would definitely recommend this place for any Thai food lovers.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

I have the same thing every time and I never tire of it....red beef curry on coconut rice and lettuce wraps.....so good! Please never change

1  Thank aussienztraveler
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

If you simply want some good Thai food, this place has it. There are quite a few selections within the broad categories. There are even some BC salmon dishes. The food comes quickly. So they do well the most important thing. Everything else is mostly average; not bad, just not up to the same level as their food itself. If you're looking for tasty Thai food, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

I was craving Thai food and after I had driven by this place a few times, I decided to try it. The place was empty this evening, maybe two tables of 4, other than me. The atmosphere was bland and could have used some ethnic background music to drown out the conversation of the other diners. I ordered my usual favourite dish at Thai restaurants, the red curry, this time with beef, instead of chicken. I chose a side of steamed rice to accompany the red curry. The meal came relatively promptly, shortly after ordering. Before my comments of the food, I must preface this by saying I have eaten at a few great Thai restaurants in other cities in B.C, so Prince George's Mai Thai has an up hill climb to begin with. Here we go: The red curry was very watery. I love coconut curry base to be much thicker. This curry looked more like a soup. The customary red curry flavours were there and the general taste was pretty good, but not great. If the curry had a thicker consistency, it might have made all the difference. The beef was plentiful, but ok in texture/flavour. In the future, I think I would stick to my usual favourite, chicken, in the red curry. The rice was also just ok. Service, after I was served the meal, was sparse. I had to wave down the waitress a couple of times to order more rice. I hate to compare restaurants in smaller towns/cities to similar restaurants in larger cities, but sometimes it can't be helped. Perhaps it's the lack of competition in smaller cities, that lower the bar of expectations of local diners. I must say, that some small towns/cities have some real restaurant gems, that could easily hold their own against, or even better, some top restaurants in bigger cities. Not in this case. The quantity was the only thing above average. The food was average, service was below average and the prices were above average. It might be the only Thai restaurant in Prince George, so you choices are very limited for Thai food.