“Clean and very tasty”

Le Pho Bistro
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 16 August 2016

TRIPADVISOR, Change the name! It's now call Hanoi Pho.

I was somewhat wary because this restaurant is right on the edge of a very edgy part of town: Skid Row of the derelict and homeless.

But Hanoi Pho was spotlessly clean and very, very delicious.

Not just pho. I've eaten in many Vietnamese restaurants; I was surprised by the extensive menu. I tried something new: Vietnamese beef stew. Wow! Hearty, flavorful, and more than ample.

Right across the street from the Budget Inn Patricia Hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

We visited restaurant just for eating good Pho. We received free pot of herbal tea, had to wait little bit, because restaurant was little busy at the moment. Pho was excellent and very tasty.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Other review sites note that this restaurant has now been renamed Hanoi Pho and we were not disappointed. The neighbourhood is one of the toughest in Vancouver, literally blocks from Ground Zero of Skid Row, BUT we could not believe how clean, safe and wonderful the restaurant and food is. Spring Rolls and Chicken Wings were crispy and tasty. Pho was excellent with good fresh ingredients. Owner and front of house is very friendly and professional. Be prepared for lineups as we can see that this would be busy place for regulars. Takeaway is available. Combos are good value (include rice/vermicelli and salad) Prices are wonderfully cheap to mid-range with Large Pho in the $7-9 range. Good luck and enjoy!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

The Hanoi Pho, a welcome surprise on East Hastings where clean, friendly service comes with very tasty, authentic Vietnamese cuisine.

The interior decor is beautiful and tastefully decorated, with a small town, family ownership flair.

Photo #1: Front Door, 406 East Hastings.
Photo #2: View from the window bar seats looking across at one of our favorite Vancouver hotels - The Patricia Hotel (previously reviewed on TripAdvisor).
Photo #3: Beautiful sailing ship, part of interior decor at Hanoi Pho.
Photo #4: Tastefully attractive Vietnamese decor.
Photo #5: Room for larger groups, but small enough to be cozy.
Photo #6: Betty starts with warm, delicious Vietnamese Tea.

The Wonton Soup is like a Vietnamese dish by itself, very flavorful.

The Hanoi Pho, a delightful experience with a big, Vietnamese flair! Two thumbs up!!

1  Thank Dr and Betty A
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We actually stayed across the road at the Patricia Hotel so the location was quite good for us. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of food here. It might have been the best tasting Pho that I have had in a long time. The gentleman that owns the restaurant was quite friendly and the food service was fast. Everything was fresh and really tasty. I had the traditional pho and my husband had a curry dish that was quite good as well. The price point was good as everything was under $30.00 for the both of us, which is good as Vancouver can be quite expensive. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Vancouver. Be careful at night as this area is a little sketchy.