“Best waffles in town ”

Ranked #704 of 3,897 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Amazing. We had the four cheese waffles and the almond one. They were excellent. We also had the Green cha latte. It was very good. Service was great. We will be back.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We had great waffles here, they have an option of sweet or crispy, the crispy ones are amazing and large portions. There isn't an extensive choice of toppings but all looked tempting. The outside area is heated well, clean and our server was never far away if we wanted something extra.
Only downside was the malteaser hot chocolate was more a glass of hot milk with malteasers in the glass, which was not what I expected. However you couldn't fault the waffles at all and I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

This place is amazing on so many levels!! We went on Sunday morning and parked right in front of the restaurant! Once inside, the decor was very retro but with a modern twist. You can watch as people prepare drinks and food which was almost as fascinating as eating there. I ordered the Heaven liege waffle with a Lavender London Fog tea. The fruit on the waffle was perfect! I had never heard of a liege waffle before so I tried it. They are a little more dense than a regular waffle and a bit more sweeter. The tea was velvety smooth with a hint of lavender. So much goodness in one stop!!! I highly recommend Nero's!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Visited yesterday as was really in the mood of waffles.

Opted for the Belgian waffle (though there are liege and mini liege on offer) and decided to have the cream, caramel and ice cream, sans nuts but add banana.

The waffle came and was blooming massive. It wasn't very sweet in itself, but the toppings helped. I think next time I will get a liege.

I had the black tea with it, as they don't serve breakfast tea. Unfortunately, the tea wasn't nice, tasted mushroomy, so I couldn't drink it.

Other than that, no complaints.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

If you love waffles, whether sweet or savoury, you will enjoy how Nero Belgian Waffle Bar makes them. You have two different choices of waffle types with your order. As well, they sell mini-waffles in seven different flavours. Very modern interior and you will probably need to wait as there is usually a crowd. Not a lot of seats, but they have an outdoor covered patio for when the weather improves. We loved the three different sweet waffles we ordered. Light, tasty and with excellent add-ons. Service was good and friendly. We will be back.