“What an experience!”

Fairmont Pacific Rim
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 15 April 2011

To start, the hotel is simply beautiful! Service was above & beyond what I had expected. We were on the 17th floor looking out at the water. Spectacular view!! My friend & I were only there two nights, but it was an experience I will never forget. The music was the best addition (being a singer, I am a little bias). I just have to say that the staff was friendly and real.... not pretentious or trying to 'act' like they cared. It was an eye-opening experience for me, actually. I haven't traveled much, let alone to Canada, and I felt so much at home anywhere I went. It is amazing how so many people from the United States get stuck in their own lives and don't even care to say hi to people walking down the street. I grew up in California and that is all I have known, yet always felt out of place somewhat. I still say hi to people on the street in California and am in general a very outgoing person and it was refreshing to be in a city where I found it reciprocated wherever I went.
OK, enough of my banter. I just want to say thank you. It was a wonderful experience & I will definitely be back.
Also, if someone from the hotel sees this: do you know the name of the band that played the later half of the evening on April 2nd? I would love to follow them & see how they are doing. They had some great stuff going on there!
Thank you again & I will be back for sure.... with my husband next time!

Room Tip: Get a view, it is worth it!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim as your home away from home. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the live entertainment in the Lobby Lounge. The performers that played in the lounge the night of April 2nd are Vancouver based, Max Zipursky Trio and often play in our lounge. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Vancouver and Fairmont Pacific Rim in the future!

Randy Zupanski

Reviewed 15 April 2011

Even the cab driver told us that the Fairmont Pacific Rim was a great hotel. It's one of the newest in the area and it has a great buzz. The service is by far a highlight. From the moment to arrive you are greeted and welcomed by the staff that helps you settle in and check in. What I liked the most were the views from the room and bathroom. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, stylish yet homey. For a treat, fill the jacuzzi tub at night and it while watching the night skyline and views of Whistler. Staying here definitely made my first trip to Canada memorable. The Fairmont Pacific Rim is also located walking distance to many downtown hotspots, so once you park, you can travel on foot and get a real sense of the city.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I have stayed at The Pacific Rim hotel many times, and every stay was just perfect. The service, rooms, beds, everything the way it should be. Any Hotel can be great once, but only the best can do it every time. Keep it up! Although my office at Shaw is just across the parking lot, I would walk for blocks to stay at this gem.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2011

For the second time in less than a year, we were fortunate enough to stay here. This time was for five nights during our daughter's Spring Break.

Fairmont is our favorite hotel chains (been to 21 of their properties), but THIS one is definitely at the top of the Leader Board!!!!! Yes, the fact that it is brand new with state of the art technologies makes it easier to love, but it is the combination of location, amenities, ambience and (most importantly!) service that makes it! Even though we were on vacation (usually dressed in jeans with our rented Toyota out front), we ALWAYS felt we were treated no differently than someone who was dressed like a fashionista and driving a Ferarri (quite a few of those!!!!!). The concierge we primarily dealt with, Matthew, was absolutely brilliant - taking care of our every need and suggesting alternatives when the original request was unavailable or when he felt there was a better alternative.

Yes, it is expensive and highly-rated, but the Pacific Rim EASILY meets and surpasses the expectations one would have for a hotel of this caliber!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WineTraveller
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I try to always stay at Fairmont hotels. The service is unbeatable and the hotels themselves are almost always lovely. This hotel tops them all, (except for the newest Fairmont hotel in Beijing, which is in a class of it's own).
The staff was excellent, despite a poor start of my room not being ready on time. I had to wait for over an hour and no concession was made to be (IE a cup of tea in the lobby after 9 hours of travel would have been nice)
I was escorted to my room, shown the security features (excellent) and welcomed. I had upgraded to a suite and it was absolutely lovely.
THe location is perfect for anyone visiting the conference centre across the street (there is a tunnel so you don't have to go outside). You can take the subway train straight from the airport ($3.75!!!) and arrive 3 blocks away. When I was leaving, the doorman drove me to the station!
The only downside was the in-house restaurant. Located on the 2nd floor the ambience was excellent but the food was very poor quality and selection. This is quite strange as Fairmonts always have a terrific high end restaurant. Other reviews on Tripadvisor for the restaurant say the same thing. Fortunately, there are many places to dine downtown.
Overall, the wow factor at this new hotel is high. Kids of all ages will be delighted with the TV in the bathroom mirror!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
FairmontPacificRim, General Manager at Fairmont Pacific Rim, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2011

Thank you for selecting Fairmont Pacific Rim to be part of your travel plans. We certainly value your feedback, and have communicated to our team who are investigating the situation further. I would invite you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your feedback. Please feel free to contact me by email at Randy.Zupanski@Fairmont.com. All of us at the Fairmont Pacific Rim look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Randy Zupanski