“service needs "improvement"”

Add it.
Splash Swim and Cruise
Ranked #109 of 139 Shopping in Vancouver
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I found this shop online- looking for larger sized bathing suits, and noticed all the great reviews. I took a friend with me as support and objective criticizer (bathing suit trying-on can make one pretty vulnerable). One of the owners was there - Brad Gilchrist, he had a very cheerful disposition and seemed to be a clear communicator. I was very specific about my needs (all black - one piece preferrably with a skirt). He gave me a couple of suits to try which were pretty close to what i was looking for, and I headed to the dressing rooms, he also stated that one of the "girls" working would help from there on. Initially I was helped by a woman who suggested I try 2 piece bathing suits. I was game to try-- gotta have a somewhat open mind. At one point, she just started giving me what seemed like anything that was black. She dropped the ball and left me all together, sending the other woman to help, who started giving me patterns, colors, etc. Then, no one was helping me. I came out to the front of the store and stated that I had felt abandoned by the sales staff-- that I still needed help to find a suit. I said I wanted to try one of the initial ones again given to me by Brad. I finally made a choice, and went to the cash register. Brad looked a bit annoyed. I apologized if I had been a difficult client but that I knew what I wanted. I ended spending over $300 on suits.
Upon leaving my friend shared with me that the sales women were rolling their eyes at my requests and whispering to Brad, this would probably explain his annoyed look.
I also own a personal service business ( almost 20 yrs), and will be emailing this store to let them know my experience and dismay at the staff's attitude. I know that people can be rude and difficult, (i don't think I was-- but even if I was)--in this industry you have to suck it up and be professional. Had I known about their behavior before I purchased, I'm not sure I would've spent my money here. All said, they have a lot of suits, and in larger real women sizes.

5  Thank sweetestterror

Reviewed 22 August 2009

Visit the Kitsilano area of Vancouver, and drop into Splash swimwear on West 4th, at Bayswater. This shop is owned by a family (Fisher/Gilchrist) that is a major part of Canada's Olympic swimming dynasty. You will find the best in swimwear - and not just dorky competitive wear, but the latest Ed Hardy (gorgeous and pricey), Miraclesuits in flattering styles, really super fashion suits for all ages and sizes. From the tiny tots to goddess sizes, this shop is jammed full of everything for swimming. The change rooms are in the back room, really private, and the staff is so helpful, and don't try to upsell you. I've been buying here for years - from when I was lean and competitive to my current lumpy state - and have always had flattering, well fitted suits. And if you are a triathlete, this should be your first stop. Fair pricing, not cheap. For mastectomy girlz, they stock the lightweight cheaters that don't float out of your suit as you are swimming. A good stop if you are heading out Whistler way and have some time to explore Vancouver - Milestones Restaurant is a few doors away - lots of free street parking.

5  Thank vancouvermuffy2016