“Love this hotel”

Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel
Ranked #52 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed 4 nights while in Vancouver for business. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is very clean with comfy beds and pillows. Although located on quite a busy street, I did not hear any traffic noise at night. Rooms are equipped with a fridge and microwave, keurig coffee maker and pods. Some renovations are currently underway to make the lobby larger and provide access to the restaurant next door. I recommend this little Italian restaurant next door for dinner.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
SUNIL P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for the great review. I'm thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

When the breakfast room is finished, it will be an even better place to stay, though the Bella Italia next door was great. Room was cold, but they loaned us a heater to use until the room had warmed up...which worked like a charm.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SUNIL P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you for the kind review. I should mention that the free continental breakfast is being discontinued for good. The restaurant next door is more spacious and has a wider variety of options to choose from. We feel our guests will be most pleased with the changes. We hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

If you look pass the quiet, rude front desk person, Dave, you will be pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Rooms are clean, Continental breakfast is very nice & great restaurants a few minutes walk from hotel. It’s about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown oVancouver. Parking is very tight for a large car. Overall,a nice, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
SUNIL P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm sorry if you didn't find the front desk staff to be to your liking. We will use this information to better our service in the future. I'm glad that the hotel worked for you and hope to see you again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I was in Vancouver to visit my mom at VGH. I hadn't planned to stay in town, but changed my mind. I looked for the most reasonable accommodation with a medical rate. I found this hotel online. The area is up and coming and the hotel is boutique. This wasn't always the best part of town, but I could see that things have changed considerably in the past few years. There were lots of younger people (30's crowd) biking and walking around. Obviously many new condos in the area. There is a shopping centre next door and a Starbucks across the street.

The hotel itself was small, which I prefer. My room was excellent, fixed up very nicely (re-done recently) and a good size. There was a small fridge and a microwave. I bought my food at Whole Foods on the way back from the hospital and heated it in my room. I also ate my breakfast this way so can't comment on the hotel's complimentary breakfast.

The rate was very good and I didn't have to pay for parking. I stayed two nights and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
SUNIL P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Wow, thank you so much for the awesome review. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Take care.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I along with my wife and daughter stayed at Best Western uptown hotel for ten days and had a very good experience. The room was spacious and very clean. The housekeeping does an exceptional job. Breakfast could have had more options like boiled eggs maybe and more variety. It is located very centrally and the hotel is total value for money. We shall stay again if possible.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review. I should mention that the free continental breakfast has been discontinued. Breakfast is now being served at the restaurant next door at a discounted rate for hotel guests. They will definitely have a greater variety of options available. We hope to see you again. Take care.