Between Friends Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$377
US$279
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$453
US$378
US$278
  • Pool
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$491
US$450
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$250
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
All reviewszen suitewedgewood roomkitsilano beachb bhomemade granolakits beachwonderful hostsother guestsshared bathroomvisiting vancouvergreat locationbars and restaurantsfew blocksenjoyed our stayminute walkbnbdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Zen Suite for 5 nights and truly enjoyed our stay. Everything was set out beautifully and Sam and Simone were wonderful hosts. Location was great with bars and restaurants around the corner, Kitsilano beach a few blocks down the hill and public transport a 5 minute walk to catch. Would highly recommend Between Friends for a relaxing stay in Vancouver.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Well, I wasn't sure whether or not to write a review, because if people read it, I may find it more difficult to book - it's that nice an experience. First off, both Simone and Sam are really lovely people and completely welcoming and helpful. The first three nights, I was in a single room (with a single bed), which is an anomaly in the house. The B&B was booked, with only this room available. I was unsure when I thought of a single bed, but I took this room anyway and I'm so glad I did. It was basic, but cozy and comfortable. My last 2 evenings, I spent in the Wedgewood room, which is not basic at all and so very nice and comfortable with a big soaker tub. So, both experiences in the house were great. Now for the breakfasts, very healthy, generous, fresh and with great coffee and conversation, if you want it, around the table. The breakfasts were enough to tide you over until dinner. There were choices of yoghurt, fresh fruit salad (really fresh), home made granola, and a hot breakfast, in addition: first day, eggs bene, second day, blueberry pancakes, third day, fried eggs, ham, toast and preserves, last day, scrambled eggs and toast - there was juice and I already mentioned the coffee. One evening I ate dinner on the front deck and people watched. I spent time in the common living area and read. Very clean, very welcoming and the price is fair for all that you experience. Location to buses and to buses connecting to Skytrain are easy to access - just off 4th ave, 3 blocks from the beach and walking or biking and 4 blocks away from W Broadway. Great access to city centre. Next door are travel suites, but I didn't check them out, however, they were booked and my guess is that they're also amazing. I will make this my new go-to when visiting Vancouver again.

Room Tip: Fireside for singles not concerned with bedroom space, who sits in their bedroom when in Van. In the Wedgewood I could hear a water pond.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane G
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the Japanese inspired Zen Suite and the breakfasts were amazing along with the hosts Simone and Sam! It's in close walking distance to Vanier Park and Kits beach, so you don't need to worry about driving or parking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Great location (do go into the Roots store and stock up on quality Canadian leather handbags). We stayed in the Seabreeze room and it was quite roomy. Shared bathroom, but that wasn't an issue.
Highlight was sharing travel stories with other guests and our host, Simone.
We loved staying in a house with so much history. Would definately stay here again when visiting Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you enjoy B&B's don't hesitate to book this one.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights here again. We arrived at dinner time and keys were waiting. As usual we felt so at home in the Zen Suite. I awoke to the smell of coffee and was greeted by our host, Sam when I went upstairs to ask for a cup. Homemade breakfast to order followed. The table was set beautifully with fruit and granola and juices.

The location is perfect...turn right and head down to the bay...or...turn left and head to the boulevard with restaurants, shops, bakeries, and coffee houses

Thank you for another lovely stay. We will see you again next trip

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family