“Sadly, not impressed”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Pleasant atmosphere, however, after seeing Chopped, The disappointment is that I expected a lot more. I was hoping good, old fashioned type of curry.

I will try their food once more.

I would try them going there again.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

Excellent food, but too long a wait. The rack of lamb and portobello mushroom dishes were very tasty.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I have wanted to go to this restaurant for years- a bit difficult when living in Toronto! On a recent trip to Vancouver to visit our daughter, I told my husband that I was going and hoped that he would join me- the waiting in line was not his idea of a fun time.
Last Thursday was the night- we arrived there at 4:40 to find ourselves first in line! The wait went quickly as we chatted with other diners-the line filled quickly.
I was thrilled to be greeted by Vikram Vij at the entrance- severe hero worship happening. Having him stop by our table 3 more times over the course of the evening was icing on the cake.
It was a superb evening- the service, food, drinks outstanding. The 3 of us each ordered something different, and the 3 apps, 3 mains and 2 desserts were all complementary. We appreciated the guidance from our server.
The bill was very reasonable- we've paid a lot more for far less satisfying dinners out.
It was the highlight of a wonderful 4 day visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Oh man, the food here is great. But the service is even better! The owner came around and was speaking to each table. And they were serving a lot of samples while we were waiting for the food. I got the lamb shanks and they were SO AMAZING. The flavor was delicious. Go here!

Reviewed 6 May 2016

We arrived around 6pm and had an hour wait - but while in the bar enjoying a beer, the owner and staff come around with free tastes / bites of various appetizers. Totally enjoyable. My husband is from India and he loved the Goat Stew. I had a vegetable dish and it was very good. I highly recommend this place.