“Visit to Vancouver”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Had dinner with our son and younger grand daughter. Had to wait one hour in cold and rain as does not accept redervations. Everything was very good especially through very gracious owner and host. The samosas, in particular, are incredible.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Our wait for dinner was about an hour, but we shared some delightful cocktails in the bar/reception area so the time went by quickly. the dining area is large, and reminiscent of a dimsum hall---not terribly crowded but a large space without much décor or style. As for the food, we began with a few appetizers to share. We began with the "monarch Butterfly;" Unfortunately, the squash was a tad crunchy and undercooked; the sauce was delicious. The eggplant was unusual, and not altogether a hit. It was primarily a plate of onion rings with a tad of eggplant. For dinner, we couldn't resist the shortribs with jelly beans, but it fell flat--spicing wasn't anything special, nor was the meat. The chicken in heavy yogurt was good, but not over the top.
I really wanted to like this restaurant; I liked the concept of the twists on traditional, but overall, I couldn't give it more than 3 1/2 stars.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

I know this is a trendy restaurant but it still kills me to pay a lot of money for lentils or veggies in a sauce. I love Indian cuisine and while this was ok I just don't get the hype....

1  Thank Oscar H
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Pleasant atmosphere, however, after seeing Chopped, The disappointment is that I expected a lot more. I was hoping good, old fashioned type of curry.

I will try their food once more.

I would try them going there again.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

Excellent food, but too long a wait. The rack of lamb and portobello mushroom dishes were very tasty.