“It tastes as good as it looks”

Breka Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #3 of 242 Coffee & Tea in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I can’t recommend this bakery highly enough. We had a variety of their products (on a take away basis) during our stay in Vancouver and they were uniformly excellent. For lunch their spiced chicken sandwiches were delicious and very filling. I would be happy to eat their cinnamon rolls anytime of the day, every day as they are the best I’ve ever tasted. You will need to get there early to pick up the dulce de leche doughnuts as they seem to sell out early. Until trying these I had all but given up on doughnuts but the dulce de leche ones are an absolute treat.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were staying at at a condo around the corner and went there several times. The coffee was excellent as were the bakery items. They also have yogurt parfaits which are delicious. The service was great and the tables were mostly available for a large group.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Bought some sandwiches and pastries from this bakery and were very impressed. All of the food was delicious and good value for money. Service was fast and friendly. Very helpful in advising re vegetarian suitability of ingredients. Would definitely recommend for quick decent food.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

This bakery was a fabulous find. We first checked it out because it was close to our hotel and open 24 hours, but continued to go back. Great drinks, donuts, and desserts. The bakery also offers specialty sandwiches but we did not try them. This will be high on my list when I return.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stumbled on this bakery & cafe my first morning in Vancouver when I went out to visit a market. Interestingly, we are a family which loves breakfast and each time we asked "what is the best bakery" I'm not sure anyone listed this one however, we loved it and actually visited twice in our 5 days. I think the chocolate almond croissant is simply the best I have had. To me, it really had the feeling that it is a favorite of the locals and maybe they prefer to keep hidden from the tourists. And bonus, its open 24 hours a day.