“Great take-away and Eat in”
Review of Fishhook

Fishhook
Ranked #9 of 1,262 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: French, Indian, Seafood
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Found on Trip Advisor, close to hotel. Place is busy! For good reason. Picked up fish chowder and the daily pickle to go. Wow, so good...and filling! Went 3x in a 5 night stay. Great vibe, great service, great food. Go now.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I must admit, the place is small. I was reluctant, but the place had great reviews. I was not disappointed. The food is simply delectable. I wanted seafood and this place has a distinct Indian take on the seafood it serves. The food did not leave me wanting. Its not cheap and some may say a little pricey, but the food is comparable to and in many cases much better than high end places I have tried. I must admit I was conservative and tried the Biryani and I kick myself for not trying one of the more interesting dishes. I came away looking forward to the next time I venture to Victoria.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

You will need some patience to get in to this intimate venue. When you get in, the menu is different and interesting. The focus is wild and local caught salmon and seafood – I only miss the even better locally farmed atlantic salmon you can get in this area.

It all sounds good, but the cooking is not revealing the good raw materials. The seafood is – typically Canadian, cooked too long on high heat. The result is that the already maturing, wild salmon gets even drier and the mussels gets chewy.

A few simple changes and this restaurant could have been extra ordinary…

1  Thank Frode M
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Loved their soup and sandwich! Fun to see people of different ages dine here. Always busy but seats become available quickly.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I asked the server what kind of seafood Fishhook is serving, her answer is French and East Indian. I had a dish with fish balls/fish cakes on Jasmine rice. With all the spices in the fishballs, I cannot say the food is tasty. Both my wife and I agree this is our first visit to Fishhook but also our last. Having said that, it is good to give Fishhook just one visit to try out their atypical seafood dishes.

1  Thank 2CanadianTravellers