“Pag’s rocks! ”

Pagliacci's
Ranked #44 of 1,262 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: CARVED FROM LIFE IN LAUGHTER Welcome to Pagliacci’s! Pagliacci’s is one of those timeless places, born in passion, carved from life and bathed in laughter. From the foccacia bread and soup through the Broadway-style cheesecake, every morsel is made on the spot, served with style by someone hustling for you. And there’s more than enough pasta or steak to bring home to Asta. Step back into history. This is what it used to be like before franchises. Nourishing souls since 1979 Tell ’em Joe sent you!
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to Pag’s for over 35 years, and I love that they’ve never changed what works: delicious food, a fun atmosphere in a cramped, lively space, good service, decent prices, and the best focaccia EVER. They now have GF pasta options, which is great too. Now if only they could find a way to make that focaccia GF!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,435)

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I walked by last week (March 1, 2018) and the building was a construction zone. This restaurant is presently being renovated. There is also lots of condos under-construction in this area making it difficult to find parking and access. Note this restaurant is presently closed for the moment.

solomonsiegel, General Manager at Pagliacci's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

We are open now! Come on back!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Cozy and busy with people enjoying great food and service. Fabulous meals and the best Manhattan cheesecake anywhere INCLUDING Manhattan! Be prepared to wait to get in though. No reservations.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We've been coming here for so long.
The staff just don't care like they use to. There is a petite blond who serves during the day, avoid her if possible. Who should have to hound someone for more bread?

It was hard to get a coffee refill, we just gave up. We were there recently before our last visit and Howie was in the restaurant, rarely see him. But when he was there WHAT a difference. Staff was attentive and the food was spot on, didn't have to ask for or hound anyone for anything.

Salads here at one time were quite something. Patrons would just order those, not any longer. Stay away from the sandwich for lunch. Disappointing. Bottomless bowl of soup was a fraud, they never checked back on us until it was cheque time.

Stay away from 1:30 -2:00 and on, the staff all ignore you and rearrange the tables for the dinner crowd. That's their priority.

Long for the days when Howie was working the floor.

1  Thank Buddy H
solomonsiegel, General Manager at Pagliacci's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Hi Buddy,

I am so sorry you were unhappy with your service. We have the same high standards of service weather my father is around or not. Howie is over 70 so can’t really be on the floor everyday. However he is in the reassurance daily when he is in town. Your correct, you shouldn’t have to hound anyone for refills of bread, coffee or soup. And you are welcome to as much as you want. Our staff priority should always be to our guests. Please email me so I can buy you lunch after we re open from renovations. FYI I am adding another server in the floor when we re open to insure our service standards are met.
Email me at solomon@pagliaccis.ca so I can take care of you.
Solomon Siegel GM

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Ok so I died and went to heaven. Who would think one could eat freshly made delicious pasta here on VI? It is pure ecstasy . OMG!!! Service is prompt, friendly and efficient. Prices are reasonable and the food magic. There is a God. I do not care what you call him, he is here. The Chef has intimate conversations with him about recipes and the dishes are divine. Enough said? TRY IT. It is worth it. Best pasta in Victoria!

1  Thank J T