“All good but the food.”

The Monkey Tree Pub
Ranked #445 of 1,238 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Beer, service and atmosphere was great. Food not so good. I ordered 2 appys (escargot and perogies). Escargot was covered in a really strong flavored cheddar cheese or something ... might as well have just eaten melted cheese because that is all I could taste, probably one of the worst I've had and that's my favorite appy. The perogies were just dried out bland perogies I could buy at walmart. There were 4 small hacked cut pieces of bacon with it. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The appetizers for happy hour are terrible. They were dry, tasteless, cold and we didn't bother eating half of them. The pub is ok and the service was nice and it's close to the Lockside Trail which is the best thing going for it, but I wouldn't try eating anything there again.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Ive been to the Monkey Tree Pub many times over the years, as I live fairly closeby. Its a great neighbourhood pub and the food, and the service is always awesome. My favourites are the burgers (beef or chicken) and the yam fries.
The atmosphere is different depending on the day of the week and the time of day that you go. The prices are reasonable and the music is good too.
Ive had many good times at this pub, and definitely recommend it if youre looking for a cozy pub atmosphere.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Pretty good food with your average selection of beers. Nothing too fancy or original here but still tasty.

A little disappointed with our servers. They did not seem happy to be there and it was almost as if it would've killed them to crack a smile. They did not make our group feel welcome whatsoever.

Can't say I plan on returning unfortunately.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Had a great night with a big group in the Back Room. Music Poker was a blast and had all 25 of us singing at the top of our lungs. Our server Maddy did a fantastic job keeping up with us and the food was enjoyed by everyone. I had the Lamb Burger for the first time and it was delicious! Thanks for a great night Peter and Staff!

1  Thank danabananaVictoria