“Relaxed West Coast Fine Dining”
Review of OLO Restaurant

OLO Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 1,238 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Relationships are forged over food at OLO - whether its friends and family enjoying a boat-to-table brunch or Executive Chef & Owner Brad Holmes finding farm-fresh ingredients from hard-working neighbours. Delicious food, laughter and good conversation are always on the menu. 'Olo' means 'hungry' in Chinook Jargon, a derivative language of English, French, Chinese and Chinook, and just like the Pacific Northwest was once a gathering place for traders, OLO is where the community comes together when hungry for more than just a meal. Serving up fresh local produce, Chef Brad is part of the Slow Food Chefs Alliance and switches up the sustainable menus depending on what's coming through the kitchen doors every day. Each dish celebrates life in B.C., using only the best ingredients available and working with amazing farmers, fishermen and foragers to provide an experience that captures the essence of Vancouver Island. Handcrafted seasonal cocktails showcase the best of Vancouver Island products and the bar program highlights the region's bounties with an impressive selection of B.C. distilleries, breweries and rare Canadian whiskeys. The thoughtfully curated wine list focuses on small-batch producers that showcase the Okanagan and Vancouver Island's best wineries, alongside premium international selections.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We visit this restaurant often
Each time the menu and service improve
Excellent cocktails
Varied menu with locally sourced organic foods and BC and world organic wines
Friendly,and unrushed staff in a small yet eclectic atmospheric restaurant
Will visit again and will not be disappointed

1  Thank ronhales58

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I finished my mid term today, so I go to OLO to grab something to eat down there. OLO is one of the famous and neat place to enjoy the food I heard for a while.
I ordered the duck chest. I was surprised that the chef could put Bok Choy and mushroom slices in such an arty way. The duck was crispy, juicy and some fat belly on the top. Brilliant chemical experience amazed me on the tongue. I would definitely go back again. If you wanna go there with friends, you should make the reservation as early as possible! I’ll have a dinner with my friend next time down there!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We tried the set menu and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was excellent. Devin was so friendly and explained us the each dishes and the wine served with them. Highly recommend it. The price is slightly high but definitely worth to it.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

There were 4 of us for dinner and we had an amazing meal. We liked the duck breast and the roast pork. They were both very flavorful. The mashed potatoes were the best I've had anywhere. Also special was the tortelini with squash and mascarpone.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The quantity is not high, which meets my criteria for fine dining.
Quality of food is reasonable.
Has wine or beer pairing.
The menu is simple, only includes appetizer, main and desert. If can add one or two courses, it would be better for wine pairing.
Public parking cross the street.
The place is not large, better to reserve, especially in the weekend.
Recommended.