I'll start off with the downsides of First Tracks:
- The Wi-Fi is free but terrible. It was consistently dropping it's connection and virtually useless so don't rely on it. However just over the way is Dusty's Bar which has Telus' free Wi-Fi which is much better (and can be found all over Whistler & Blackcomb on mountain restaurants).
- The supplied cookware isn't the best, and is fairly limited. If you're planning on self catering for your whole stay be aware that you will have limited options. However if you're just planning on cooking your breakfast or picking up ready meals from the Creekside Market (a short walk away) then you'll be fine.
- Location, location, location. The ski room door opens out on the back of the hotel right by the Creekside Gondola that will start your journey up Whistler mountain. It can get quite busy first first thing in the morning but is far quicker than the Whistler Village Gondola. There all the required shops in Creekside, plus a few very nice places to eat.
- Cleanliness: Despite being self catering apartments the cleaning staff come round every day and do a superb job (including putting on your dishwasher if you've forgotten). I couldn't fault the cleanliness at all.
- Facilities: There is a small gym with a half a dozen exercise machines. Then there is an outside swimming pool with two hot tubs (one is adult only). Also outside you'll find two BBQs for use by hotel guests. The rooms all come with the usual towles, safes, etc. In addition they have gas fireplaces, underfloor heating in the bathrooms, plus a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Staff: The concierge at First Tracks and receptionists at Legends (the sister hotel) were always helpful and friendly. Especially when it came trying to find somewhere to eat that night and would suggest other options if our first choice were fully booked.
I definitely would like to go back to First Tracks and much preferred the location to the busier Whistler Village especially with the ability to ski in and out of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located ski-in, ski-out at the base of Whistler Mountain in Whistler Creekside, First Tracks Lodge is an upscale, condo style hotel. This all suite hotel features suites ranging in size from one to four bedrooms. Each suite offers a full kitchen with upscale appliances and granite counter tops, a living area with a gas fireplace, private balconies and one full bathroom per bedroom. This property truly offers all of the comforts of home in a most convenient location. In addition, the Creekside Village is just steps away providing convenient access to a grocery store, liquor store, ski and board rentals, Whistler kids programs as well as a few coffee shops and eateries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your First Tracks Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- First Tracks Hotel Whistler
- 1st Tracks Lodge
- First Tracks Whistler