See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This is my THIRD Whistler timeshare week, 2 of them(including this one) in WhiskiJack properties. Obviously, we love Whistler, and we like WhiskiJack units a LOT. But WJ isn't for everybody. As I've said elsewhere, getting a WhiskiJack place is more like having a friend or relative with a great condo in Whistler, rather than renting a unit in a fancy hotel. E.g., the only housekeeping is at the beginning/end of the week, and you're expected to take out the garbage & recycling and to load the dishwasher and start it.

All of that makes for lower Maintenance Fees for owners, and I assume it also means lower rates if you can find one to rent. And finding one may be a challenge with Powders Edge, because there are only SIX of these amazing condos!! AFAIK, they're all more-or-less identical, with 2 full BRs and 2 big Baths, a nice loft with a sofa-bed, and a big LR with another sofa-bed. There's a big spa/hot-tub in a funny little "room" (really a glassed-in balcony off the DR and next to the LR) that seems big enough for 6 but is limited to 3 (probably so it doesn't overflow). And a nice big well equipped kitchen, DR setup for 8 or more, full laundry, the best location in Whistler, and a great view of all the lift lines.
It's in the lift-handy stroll-handy edge of the Hilton Hotel, with the typical "It's a secret" access from pedestrian stroll level. The access from the parking garage is also no-frills, though there is an elevator available from both places. (We took the stairs up from the "secret" door.
Checking in is also more like making an extra stop to pick up your friend's condo key, than checking into a luxury hotel. The WJ check-in office is not even in Whistler Village, it's in Creekside, about 10 minutes closer to Vancouver! So anybody who doesn't know the "trick" will be inconvenienced and frustrated. Fortunately, rental cars have become much cheaper than the bus, and everybody gets at least one parking spot. (Owners get 2.)
Somebody complained that you won't get granite countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms, but that's exactly what our unit (902) has! My picky wife did manage to criticize the decor -- e.g., the granite countertops (I thought they were marble) weren't single slabs, but large square sections or tiles connected with rock-hard grout. I assume that's either what was au courante back when they were built, or it was chosen to reduce maintenance costs in case somebody breaks the granite. Men won't notice unless they're designers, and I bet most women won't notice or won't care. I like to say "If that's your biggest problem you don't have any problems," and I think that fits here.
The heating and AC is a bit weird, and is going to be revamped over the coming year. There's a big baseboard heater under the big LR window to help the central HVAC system out. And we could have used a similar one under the big MBR window, but there's none. And the big forced-air HVAC system (apparently a heat pump that gets its heat or coolth from the Hilton's central plant) is in a big Utility Room right off the upstairs MBR, and ours was far from silent. Fortunately, even my light-sleeping wife got used to it right away -- a bit easier when we set it to keep the fan running 24/7 instead of cycling. Other than that, we heard nothing.
The units are pretty cavernous for a 2BR 2BA condo at >1300 sq. ft. (I had a 2BR house that was smaller!) Ours even had an inflatable bed in the utility room in case anybody needed a FIFTH bed(!). We often sleep 3 or 4 in our other 2 timeshares, and this one is literally bigger than the other two combined!
The ski lock system is really handy if (a) you ski and (b) you already have a Ski-Key lock. It's the standard kind of lock used everywhere on-mountain in Whistler, and it's also the kind used in the racks outside the condos' front doors. The racks on the mountains have some openings for snowboards, but the ones here are just the narrower ones, for skis (wide enough for our mid-fat skis). I assume you'd bring your snowboard(s) inside, but I'm not sure. The WJ people MAY have spare Ski-Key locks to lend, too, but I'm guessing there, too. (They're used everywhere we've skied, so we're happy to own them.)
There are lots of closets, lots of drawers and cupboards in the kitchen, a steam shower in the downstairs bathroom and a huge tub in the upstairs one, a gas fireplace with a switched fan in it, nice TVs and OK stereo, clock radios...
We wanted for nothing.
BTW, not having a concierge waiting at a front desk isn't as bad as it sounds. If anything is missing or doesn't work right, the check-in desk and the maintenance people are just a phone call away, and we've generally gotten nice quick service.
Whistler has a lot of properties that call themselves "Ski in, Ski out", but they are all LESS convenient than this place! Specifically, because Whistler has a mile of skiable vertical and a super-long season (and a mild climate), you're often happily skiing in the Alpine while there's rain or flowers in the Village. So forget skiing in or out with those other places, you'll be hiking way too far or waiting for a bus! And if your accommodations are slopeside, they're nowhere near the restos and bars and shops and galleries and museum and...! This place is maybe 30 paces from the Whistler Gondola in both directions regardless of the snow cover down low, and handy to everything else as well.
The real estate magazines all call this place the most desirable timeshare units in Whistler, and I think they're right.

Room Tip: All 6 units are side by side, so not much to choose. Everybody walks past 901, and nobody walks past 906, if you care. 902 was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank normofthenorth
Andrea R, Guest Relations Manager at Powders Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Hello Normofthenorth,

Well congrats on your new timeshare week 50 (mid-December! We are very happy to have you in our family and we're overjoyed with your amazing review! What detail!

Powder's Edge really is a hidden gem and ownership with Whiski Jack's 13 Whistler properties has many perks. I hope you get a chance to take advantage of them. We're also glad you had a good experience with our Welcome Centre, as this is the first contact for many owners and guests with our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2017.

Warmest regards,
The Management Team at Whiski Jack Resorts in Whistler

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I've been with Whiski Jack resorts for a few years and love their properties, but Powder's Edge is my favorite because of the proximity to the Whistler gondola. There's just nothing better than walking off the gondola, taking about 30 paces and being home and in the hot-tub within 3-5 minutes!

The layout is nice - a queen bedroom on the main floor, a queen hidabed on the main floor; a queen hidabed in the loft and a master bedroom off the loft on the 2nd floor. There's also a nice hot-tub on the enclosed deck overlooking the Carlton Lodge après ski area.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2016

My husband and I stayed here with friends in January. What a great stay. The location is perfect, especially after a days skiiing. It is about a one minute walk to your room which is great for those with weary legs. From the lounge room and dining room windows you can see all the activity of the lifts, skiers and people walking around.
The grocery shop is an easy five minute walk. There are plenty of restaurants, pubs, cafes to choose from if you don't feel like cooking. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils needed to cook a nice meal. The accommodation was very clean and well presented. There was even a fire place if you felt the need to put it on. Otherwise the central heating was more than enough. The washing machine and dryer is on the top level where the main bedroom is. Very convenient. There was also a spa for those who wanted to soak the weary bones, with a glass of wine overlooking the complete ski fields. It was fun watching the coming and goings of everyone. At night we never heard anyone, so I am presuming the partying happened at the pubs. The atmosphere of the village is wonderful and everyone so friendly. We enjoyed walking around the village when it was snowing. Just to add the skiing was amazing as there was so many big dumps of snow in that week. Fairland territory and Powders Edge is a location to sit and enjoy your surroundings.
Thought I should also ad there is the advantage of using the Hilton fitness centre and outdoor pool, if you so wish.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I, along with our son and daugther-in-law just spent 3 nights and 4 days in this location. This was amazing. The rooms were clean, spacious, and having a private hot tub on the balcony was an incredible way to end the day. The upstairs master bedroom suite was great. The room comes with all you need to do your own meals if you want to. But there are so many food locations nearby you don't need to.
Being located at the base of the mountains it also meant it was quiet at night as the party crowds head up into the main village area (only a couple of minutes walk from the room). Also, you have access to the Hilton Resorts fitness center and out-door pool.
The staff were very helpful. They offered a later check out and allowed us to keep our cars parked after check out until we were ready to leave early afternoon.
We tried to book for a week at the beginning of September, but it is sold out. But the staff is working to help find us other suitable accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pcgroup
Reviewed 16 April 2013

You can not get any closer to both gondolas. We could see exactly what was going on from our windows. Large 6 person hot tub overlooking the mt. Steam shower in extra full bathroom. Clean and has use of the hotel pool and gym without going outdoors. 2 bedrooms plus a loft bedroom plus a sleeper couch. Love it.

Room Tip: Only 6 condos at this location. Any one of them is great
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family