All reviews full kitchen front desk living room large closet two story up stairs walking distance coffee maker apartment valerie roomy facilities town heating hallway stove bears
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This is not a luxurious property but it is quiet, large and impeccably clean. There was some visible wear and tear but nothing glaring. On the main floor, there was a hallway (with a closet for coats and boots) leading to a small living room and kitchen. The kitchen was fully equipped including a stove, refrigerator and microwave. There was also a coffee maker. We had a chance our first day to stop at Northern (a sort of department store on the main street not far from the Inn) where we purchased snacks and drinks. Be warned they are expensive, especially now that there is only air service to Churchill. The water at the Inn was drinkable. The thermostat for heating was downstairs on the wall next to the kitchen.
Upstairs was a comfortable King bed with a shared night table, a roomy closet with shelves, and a bathroom. There was also a tv but we didn' t really have time to watch tv nor did we want to. I must admit it was a bit annoying to have to go upstairs to the bathroom, especially if you are almost ready to leave.
There is a front desk at the inn but no one is actually there; if needed, you can call someone. When you check out, you simply drop your keys off behind the front desk.
This is probably the best place to stay in Churchill. That said, there is no restaurant on site so you have to go outside to eat somewhere else. We always ate at the Tundra Inn super closeby where the food and service was really good. I don't know what their rooms are like, though. Very satisfied with the Aurora Inn.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HayKay1
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was our hotel for our 4 days in Churchill for polar bears. Being that Churchill is a town of only 900 people, we did not expect anything fancy. The Aurora Inn was formerly apartments, so the 'rooms' are large with a living room, full kitchen and eating area, a loft bedroom with full bath. We were quite comfortable, and as the town is so compact, it was within walking distance of pretty much everything. If we are ever lucky enough to come back to Churchill, we would definitely come back to The Aurora Inn!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I'm a bit late providing a review but felt the need to. I was supposed to stay at the Tundra Inn however the night before arrival they had had a fire. Therefore the rest of the hotels in Churchill had to accommodate last minute. Didn't know what to expect, but the rooms were ready despite it being last minute and I had a two story apartment which was so spacious. I had a lounge and kitchen downstairs, and a bedroom, bathroom and very large closet up stairs. Everything was spotless and Valerie was lovely, she even gave me a lift to my pre booked Dog Sledding (which I run by her husband)!
Such a great 'Churchill' experience, and I'm glad I was put here. If you're expecting 5*, in Churchill this doesn't exist given its location etc etc. Everything is walking distance in Churchill and I recommend you do walk about, as a solo traveller I felt so safe and met some lovely people.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Rodders1982
Reviewed 21 November 2016

The place is a former apartment building so the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Do not expect anything fancy, though. There is usually no one at the front desk and there is no restaurant or other amenities in the hotel. Our room had a full kitchen though. Towels were hard to come by and we were asked to vacate our room by 8 am rather than the 11 a.m. checkout time because they had a group coming in. I was told it is owned and staffed by local people. Churchill is a small town so you can't expect big city convenience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate P
Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

We were very impressed by the Aurora Inn. Nice living space with two leather settees, coffee table and tv. Fully stocked kitchen with full cooker and fridge, dining room table and chairs. Up stairs we had two queen sized beds and a bathroom. The heating was excellent, very important in Churchill. Whole place was very clean. We were checked in very promptly and had no issues with the front desk not being manned.

Less than 800 people live in Churchill and most have several jobs in "Bear season". If people expect a full service hotel, maybe Churchill isn't for them!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple