Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Delta Hotels Winnipeg(Winnipeg)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2017

As a single male - I have no problem staying in dumpy hotels but I would not stay here again.

There are so many questionable people hanging out in the hotel parking lot and in the hotel itself.

The only thing this hotel has going for it - it is pretty much the cheapest hotel close to downtown Winnipeg. I walked to the downtown area in 15-20 minutes, which I was fine with.

There is not much for breakfast. There were a couple bagels, juice, and coffee. Nothing else.

The room was not great either with stains everywhere and the shower was cold even when turned on hot.

The wifi was terrible. You can only use the stairs to go down - not up - the doors are locked. There is only one elevator in the hotel which is extremely LOUD. No ice. Ice "available at the bar across the parking lot."

I would spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

The building was renovated and the room I stayed in was clean for a budget hotel. The fridge and microwave were spotless and looked new. Customer service was OK. People came and went on my floor all hours of the night. People running up the stairs, slamming doors, whistling down the hallway at 230 in the morning. This hotel is close to the hospital and I'm sure services patients of the hsc so I'm not sure why this building isn't being kept to standards that would be conducive for the area they are in.
Everytime I came and went a group was sitting outside the doors smoking. This isn't a place I would stay again. It's nice enough but as a patient it's not worth being awoken from yelling or a slamming door all night long.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank travelleronca
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

I knew that I was booking a budget hotel and was put off by the poor reviews, but decided to go with it. The front desk staff were very accommodating and helpful, and housekeeping also did a fantastic job.

I was upgraded to a suite on the second floor at no extra cost. I read online that the hotel had been refurbished in January 2016, so I was expecting clean and tidy, but nothing special. The furniture in the room looked to have been the only thing 'refurbished' as the carpet was stained in several places and the decor was very tired, with peeling wallpaper and marked paint. The bathroom was also in a similar condition: clean, but in desperate need of replacing - there were broken tiles, a nom-functioning plug in the sink and black marks on the tiles - plenty of hot water though!

The only lighting in the room was lamps, which were inadequate. I had to unplug one to be able to use a socket for charging appliances. The TV, fridge and lamp in the lounge area were all plugged into extension sockets. There was no safe in the room.

The hotel lobby and the elevator both smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and the latter was very small and a bit bumpy! I found the people loitering outside the hotel in the evenings were off-putting and I did not venture out unaccompanied after dark. My room door also had a lock and a door limiter which I made full use of, although the less savoury guests all seemed to be on the upper floors. The door to the adjoining room was locked and bolted, but still a little creepy.

I was expecting a hairdryer in the room, but none was provided. The 'wardrobe' consisted of a hanging rail with a shelf above it directly opposite the door, but there was a chest of drawers in the bedroom area.

I didn't use the cafe or have any meals at the hotel, so I can't comment on that aspect.

I have tried to be as fair as possible with my review: it wasn't an awful experience, but I wouldn't stay here again primarily because of the sketchy location and general shabbiness. I certainly don't recommend staying here if you are a single female - I had no issues with other guests, but I did not feel 100% safe on my own.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Marianimo
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Seems to be nice clean ,front desk nice ,rooms a little small but ok ,looks like a hole from the outside but nice inside not sure about the area i arrived at nite ,rigth beside a beer store and bar i see a lot of young people around

Room Tip: Don,t order to your room (ming court restaurant)
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Signmanpete
Reviewed 30 November 2015

The sign on the door that reads "no public washrooms, don't ask" tells you the kind of area and hotel you're checking into. From there you're greeted by at least three smoke butt/"ashtray" devices. After making it the the door the lobby is fairly modern and clean. Probably to give you false hope.

Ascending the dirty cramped elevator we're greete in the hallway by strong poop odour . Frantically scanning our shoes and the floor to see if the smell was a fresh deposit, or was emanating from the housemaid cart.

First room... Key card lock was defective. Had to put bags in buddies room and see about getting in later.

Elevator at 1am has same debris as check in, but now with a bonus unfinished 40 of vodka.

If you want quiet, pack earplugs and noise cancelation head phones,as your restful night consists of every conversation and foot step on every floor. Good thing they posted the sign in the elevator that states quiet hours are strictly enforced.

Tired of waiting for the elevator? Take the stairs... If you dare. Stairwell looks like a homeless retreat. We think we found the poop from the day before, but it looks pretty old, based on my years of dog poop removal at home. Not to mention if the ashtrays at the door are full, just use the stairwell like everyone else.

Room cleaning ?

1 out of 2 days it was, so don't expect clean towels and a made bed. Good thing my mom taught me how to hang a bath towel and make my own.

If you want a pleasant , restful stay... This is definitely NOT the place.

If you want a comedy of horrors and stories to last you and your buddies for years to come, then it's priceless.

Room Tip: Rethink your reservation, and don't pay in advance
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends