“Fun Stay!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Winnipeg
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We spent three nights here at the Delta Winnipeg and had a great stay. We were upgraded to a bi level suite because we needed a large quiet space for 7 or 8 of us to gather for happy hour before dinner each night. We were all staying at the hotel in individual rooms on different floors. The view from our 5 th floor room was of the roof so it was not desirable but the room made up for it. One of us had a great view from their 18th floor room with a balcony. The executive lounge had a nice breakfast each morning. We did stop in for water in the middle of the day and found the refrigerator empty. We didn't check out the evening offerings because one couple of our group didn't have lounge access. The bed was comfortable and our room was quiet. The room was always clean and the staff was warm and friendly. We walked to the forks, the baseball stadium, train station, many restaurants. Across the street they have many shops. We bought wine and items from the drug store. It was a great time for all of us!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I spent 4 nights here while attending a convention centre. It's a solid hotel in a super convenient location. There's direct indoor access to the convention centre and via indoor walkways, to a number of locations in the downtown.

Room was a fairly standard business-oriented hotel room - bed was comfortable, wifi was strong, there was a good desk/chair for getting some work done and a really nice touch: heated floors in the bathroom. Everyone I came in contact with was pleasant and helpful. No issues at all, even was lucky enough to get an early check-in so I could settled for my first day in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed one night on business. Room was quiet and comfortable as was the bed and pillows. Was on a high floor overlooking other buildings to the south so view not amazing. Nicely renovated bathroom - appreciated the heated floor even in July, however all hotel rooms at this price point should have a magnifying makeup mirror attached to the wall. Past age 50, most women wear reading glasses to see up close, but take them off to apply makeup. I don't want to have to bring a mirror with me when I travel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I spent two nights here as part of a train layover in Winnipeg. I barely left the hotel during my stay, so I managed to take full advantage of its amenities. From beginning to end, I had a wonderful experience!

The hotel is located in downtown Winnipeg, which itself is honestly pretty underwhelming but there are quite a few restaurants and malls nearby. The hotel is connected to a small mall and conference centre via an indoor skywalk, so you don't have to go outside at all if you need something during your stay. There is also a restaurant downstairs and a Boston Pizza across the street that are open late.

CHECK-IN/ROOM: The hotel lobby is very clean, spacious, and modern-looking. It is not particularly fancy or outrageously decorated and has a more business feel. The girl at the front desk was super friendly and helpful and did her best to accommodate my room requests (early check in, high floor, etc). I had a standard room with two queens. The room itself was very spacious (corner room) and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was smaller than I expected considering the size of the room; it was a little difficult moving around to change. It had a standard sized tub/shower combo.

AMENITIES: There are two pools - one rooftop and one indoors. The one indoors was larger than all the hotel pools I've been to and also had a hot tub and a kiddie pool in the same area. There is also a change room with many private showers and lockers. The one thing I would advise against is getting a room facing the indoor pool--it can get noisy and it is very easy to see into the rooms unless the blinds are completely drawn. There was also a gym facing the indoor pool, which was excellent! It was very spacious and had a wide variety of machines. They also provide towels for both pool use and gym use, as well as a water dispenser and fresh fruit. They also had self-service laundry located 1 floor below the lobby in a small room. There is a single washer and dryer and t is free to use, but you have to buy your own detergent (they sell it at the coffee shop for $2).

One thing I will commend is the customer service I received in this hotel. Everyone was very polite, friendly, and helpful. I approached the desk many times with questions and was always greeted with a smile. One morning I was blearily wandering in the lobby in search of coffee and one hotel staff member approached me and directed me to a station where they were serving free coffee while the main coffee shop was closed for cleaning. The girl at the front desk who checked me in also enthusiastically offered suggestions of where to eat and what to see, which I was very grateful for.

In summary: A clean, modern hotel with spacious rooms, excellent amenities and wonderful customer service. Easy access to food and shopping. 5/5, would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, don't choose a room that is facing the pool. Request a corner room (bigger, q...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank skilletos
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Worst Hotel Experience Ever do not stay here!!

I booked a hotel room with the delta from july 21-23. I travel a lot and have even stayed in one star hotels who gave me better customer service than I received at the Delta. My cousin was and his girlfriend came in from Toronto to visit for a week I only get to see them once a year. I booked a two bed hotel room for my girlfriend, my cousin, his girlfriend and myself. I always had some problems going to the delta ( we stay there every year around this time) most of the problems are not a big deal. No mini fridge, pools not working that kind of thing not a big deal. But this time was the worst experience I have ever had at the hotel! They said I booked a one bed room not a two bed room. I called in to book. They said people over the phone cannot guarantee anything and " you get what you get" four of us can't sleep in one bed. I asked for atleast a cot. They said they don't have any but" you guys could sleep on the floor lots of people are doing it" I am not going to let my cousin and his girlfriend sleep on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!. I asked for a refund so we could go stay somewhere else and they said " no sorry we already have the money we cannot refund it!!! All they did was " give me free parking" even though I wasn't going to get parking I might as well. My cousin and his girlfriend went and stayed at a different hotel!! and me and my girlfirend ended up staying at the delta ! Worst Idea ever!!!. I looked at my bill and they CHARGED ME FOR PARKING and they said they cannot refund that even though the manager Kuljeee said it. I have been staying at the delta for 6 years every year. This will be the last I can not believe they would treat me like that. I have had way better service from a one star hotel. Please do not stay here! you will thank me! Very upset. The girl I was talking to at first was Irene and she got the manager named Kuljeee ( is what Irene told me her name was ) Kuljeee said all of the above stuff in the "". Very upset and still in disbelief!! Delta cost me over 350 dollars. if only I did not book with them!

Room Tip: Dont call to book rooms just don't stay here in general
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Evan H
WinnipegDelta, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Evan H,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay, clearly we have let you down.

Reviewing your reservation, I can confirm that you had originally booked a room with 1 King bed. Typically this would not be an issue to change over someone to a room with 2 queen beds, however due to the busy weekend with Ai-Kon Convention and the Ed Sheeran Concert, those rooms were in high demand and we were not able to make all the requests.

I have also reviewed your bill and parking was rebated off your final invoice, the only charges were room and tax.

If there is anything else you need, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Delta Winnipeg Team