Travelodge Winnipeg East
US$79
US$109
US$98
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbowling alleytravel lodgepoolside roompool areafront deskpool and hot tuban upgradeeasy accesscomfortable bedsa great stayconvenient locationsafewaytreadmillmicrowavevehicleforks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This hotel was recommended by our friends whose parents had stayed while visiting, it was not overly pricey.

We drove by it, it was almost awkward to get to coming off Fermor onto Seagrim and just with the one way, and narrow streets in that particular area... but once we became familiar with it, it was super easy to navigate (we come from a small city!).

There was some weird confusion with our reservation being split into two separate ones, one being Tue to Fri and the second being Fri into Sat... but this issue might have arisen somewhere between hotels.com and the Travelodge. Also, on Thursday afternoon, our key cards both went inactive and we received an email that day asking how our stay at the Travelodge was (indicating we had supposedly checked out by that point?). This was kind of unnerving however, we did make sure, upon checking in on the first day to make sure we were registered right through to Saturday morning and that we would not have to switch rooms halfway through. And we were good to go.

The pool area was definitely a hit with the kids (young and old!), and was a great way to relax and wind down after our adventures in Winnipeg. Of note, the knob on one of the sunlamps had come off and was therefore not functional. While we were out of the pools hanging out, we had to crowd on one lounger under the working lamp...
Our room was clean and bright, not too hot or too cold. It was great that we had a mini fridge and the microwave, as well as the Keurig.

I'm always leery about poolside rooms because they tend to be really noisy at night, however, our stay was from Tuesday to Saturday and it was so quiet during the week that I really wish we did have a poolside room... we were on the second floor away from the pool, but even being right on the corner by the stairs at the front it was still pretty quiet. We did get a bit of noise in the late night from the people outside, the smokers tended to be right under our window, but it wasn't loud enough to really be that bothersome.

The front desk staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. I asked for directions somewhere and when the desk attendant wasn't exactly sure, he called someone else over to verify the information for me. Likewise, the housekeeping staff were great as well. We asked for extra blankets and pillows and they went over and above to make sure we were comfortable.

My husband and son made it down to the bowling alley and really enjoyed their afternoon there, especially the glow in the dark bowling!

I kept reading that there was a fitness centre there.... and I would have liked to get there and make use of such facility however, after five days there, I still hadn't come across it. I didn't bother asking because I didn't have the opportunity, however I might have made the opportunity if I'd know it did exist and where it was..... Still not sure if there was one.

All in all, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stay here when we come to Winnipeg for medical trips. The staff is amazing and always go out of their way to make our stay with them awesome, even getting us our favourite room! Clean, comfortable and a great price!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family