We stayed in this hotel for one night on a recent trip to Moncton. We had never stayed here before but the price and location was right. Next time I will pay the extra for somewhere else.
To start, I booked Government rate. I never have a problem with this anywhere else. Upon checkin I realized that I had forgotten my ID so I informed them which department of the government I worker for. I get it, I could be lying. Thankfully my mother had her Military ID to back up the rate.
Next, no elevator. I did not realize this when I booked it. We had a room on the second floor. The stairwell was extremely dirty looking and my mother slipped on a stair going up.
Our room was okay. Nothing wonderful. Bed was hard and the room appeared outdated. I went to get ice and my mother found several hairs on the sheets of her bed. We tried to call the front desk but received no response. Awhile later we went to the front desk to advise of this and no one was around.
The ground floor hallway of the hotel reeked of marijuana. I held my breath going for ice.
That night I turned on the air conditioner/fan. It produced an awful, almost dead animal smell in my room for 20min. I tried several times to turn it off with no luck. Even in the morning we could not turn it off so our room was freezing.
The shower has no water pressure and it took a long time to heat up.
I know, sounds like all complaints. Well, the breakfast was okay. Not a lot of room and the eggs looked like plastic ones children would play with but if you want toast or a waffle, you are fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn Moncton Magnetic Hill has a newly renovated lobby area, all bedrooms including carpet, vinyl, drapes, bedding, 32inch LCD flat screen TVs & new vanity and tile in the bathrooms. Relax in our new breakfast room & enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast. This hotel is 100% Smoke Free. Conveniently located across from Casino New Brunswick & close to Magic Mountain, Magnetic Hill Zoo, Moncton Coliseum, golfing and numerous shopping locations. All rooms have fridges & microwaves. Tired of travelling alone? Bring your four legged buddy free of charge as pets are always welcome at the Comfort Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Magnetic Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Magnetic Hill Hotel Moncton
- Comfort Inn Moncton
- Moncton Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Magnetic Hill Moncton, New Brunswick