“The Price is Right”
Review of Atlantic Motel

Atlantic Motel
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Moncton
Reviewed 12 June 2017

When you book a room at seventy-five bucks per night you know ahead of time you're not staying five-stars. Honestly there's a bit of an unsettling feeling driving in the dark down long back roads with no street lighting. It's like the opening scene of a cheap horror flick, and it only gets worse when the registration desk doubles as the counter of an overpriced convenience store.

Then they greet you by first name before you've even said a word. Anywhere else it would be impressive but for some reason it comes across as creepy. You feel like your organs are about to be harvested, but there's no other vacancies and you're already here and committed to the stay.

The Atlantic is a little off the beaten path, outside of Moncton and down a long stretch of country road. It looks a little tacky, the furnishings are dated and the bed was kind of hard even for me. However it was quiet, clean and there was no nonsense. I got my key, stayed without disruption, then gave the key back. That's a lot more than I can say for past experiences with similar priced rooms in the same area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoyoFox

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

It was like I was bothering them when I walked in. Cats were running all over the place, at least 3, yes In among the convenience food items.
I mentioned that I found the place on the internet from fairly good reviews. He just looked at me and asked for my credit card. Hmm.
THEY WERE LUCKY THE INTERNET EXISTS BECAUSE THEY ARE OFF THE BEATEN PATH.
So, the room smelled. It had a newer bathroom that was very nice.
The beds ? You know the things you sleep on ? Kind of the whole reason you rent a room ? I swear the mattresses were from 1970. Or older. Worn out ? Beyond worn out. A disgrace. If they didn't know this, then something is wrong. This is a slum, and you're treated like one. Just disappointed. Stay away.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Oshawafarmer
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

My husband, 15 month old son and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting NB from Ontario. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We were surprised to find that there was actually housekeeping everyday which was a nice surprise given that we didn't expect it for the price we paid. There was also a very well kept large yard outdoors surrounding the motel which was nice for my little guy to run around and burn some energy off. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this place to others.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is not a high end place, however this is a good clean spot to stay close to magic mountain. :)
Myself and my son are here for the night and I can not complain about anything. The staff were very friendly and the check in was easy and they went out of their way to get me in early and I appreciated that greatly!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The owners were super friendly and accommodating! It was a perfect spot as it was close to Magic Mountain. The rates were also low! The room was nice. I saw a bad review stating they have carpets and allow pets and I was worried there would be a bad smell but there wasn't at all! All in all we will definitely stay there again :)