Quality Inn(Corner Brook)
US$103
Glynmill Inn(Corner Brook)
US$118
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Hotel Corner Brook(Corner Brook)
US$82
Days Inn Stephenville(Stephenville)
US$162
US$110
Dreamcatcher Lodge(Stephenville)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$83
All reviewshumber riverthe main housetake picturesfire pitnicolasuppermattresses
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I were returning from a vacation and had planned on driving across the island that day, but weary legs and tired bodies prevailed. We did not have a reservation and were please tilt surprised by our stay and pleasant customer service . The co do was way to big for two people and it would have been a great place for 3 couples or a family . We walked down by the Humber River and it was very close to Tim Hortons, Marble and dining in Corner Brook . would no hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Our friends and I booked a chalet ( 2 couples) for a night away as we were visiting family on the west coast and we were disappointed from the moment we arrived. I cannot speak of the quality of the rooms in the actual house as we stayed in a chalet. Upon arrival we were told the hot tub was not working and we were all disappointed as this was our reason for choosing this resort. We were told we had to ask for this in advance so they could make it operational. No one told us this upon booking and the website clearly states hot tub!! After seeing the hot tub and location I'm rather happy it wasn't working as it looked gross to say the least!!! After arriving at our chalet we thought it was alright but in desperate need of some updating. I would love to know who owns this place and charges $299 a night....what a ripoff!! The outside patio furniture was falling apart, rusted and the cheapest you can get. We made the best of it and started our BBQ. When my husband put the steak on, it was still pure raw 30 mins later. We went to the front and was told the BBQ didn't work and we had to go to the main house and use theirs. To summarize do not stay here and waste your money! The grounds are beautiful but the chalets are garbage!! Shame on the owners for not maintaining this place as it could be a beautiful stay if they spent a few $ and updated the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank JMA2012
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I think that someone that has a bad comment about this place,are very spoiled!!! My stay at this place was Heaven!! Staff couldn't be more caring and the food was awesome.Had my wedding there,and it was all decorated beautifully.As for young staff there,i think they done a beautiful job!!Well done girls!!I recemend this place to anyone and to anyone that would be thinking about having a wedding there!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Flora F
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed for a week in the mansion house and cannot praise the staff enough. Viola, Martina and Tina made us feel so welcome that we left as friends. On our first evening Viola asked us to treat the place as our home and that is just what we did. We wanted for nothing and were extremely comfortable. The house sits in beautiful grounds adjoining the Humber River with a well-appointed terrace where we sat enjoying pre-dinner drinks most evenings. The rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of towels which were changed daily. Would return without hesitation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stonier
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My friends and I could not wait to attend our friends wedding at strawberry hill but we were totally disappointed with the food, service, and setup. The finger foods served before the meal were great but there was no where to put the garbage! The meal itself served at the reception was not fit to feed a dog. The chicken was a bland, tasteless, pumped chicken breast served with canned vegetables, gravy and mashed potatoes (that had no butter, cream or herbs). Dessert was delicious (thanks to the bride and groom families). Some of the servers appeared to be of the age of 12 and up therefore very awkward and quiet. One of the young girls actually spilled some milk on the table while pouring it and just looked up and giggled. Although, Im not sure why she put milk on the table because they missed our table for coffee and tea. Oh and don't drink too much because there's only one bathroom on the property (unless someone you know has a room). And to top it all off, there was ONE bartender working at the bar which was stupidly situated in a corner close to the entrance of the dance area, so most of the night you had to maneuver yourself in such away so you didn't bump into someone and/or spill your drink. I know it seems like I may be being too harsh but we all thought the same thing. I loved the scenery, the wedding and dancing, and weddings personal touches but I would never go to this place for a meal and expect good service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends