Strawberry Hill Inn & Chalets
US$139
US$124
Quality Inn(Corner Brook)
US$135
Hotel Corner Brook(Corner Brook)
US$80
Marblewood Village Resort(Steady Brook)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$137
HIExpress.com
Days Inn Stephenville(Stephenville)
US$140
US$109
Dreamcatcher Lodge(Stephenville)
US$89
All reviewshumber riverthe main housetake picturesfire pitnicolasuppermattresses
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Had a skidoo trip with 6 couples in February 2015, had a fantastic stay and hospitality was second to none!!!! Hot cooked breakfast everyday and home cooked meal upon return with meals of our choice as a group!
The service was fantastic and they took care of us in all aspects, at night when it was time for the staff to go home, they even provided a pan of ice for us to sit in the fireplace room and have a few cocktails!
Great place to stay!

1  Thank Marcy N
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I booked my wedding one year in advance for July 12, 2014. I just cannot say enough about what a great experience we had. Viola took on the role as our wedding planner and made sure every detail was well taken care of and planned for. Some days I would call her several times a day and she was always pleasant and happy to hear from me. I paid extra to have the place decorated and boy was it worth the money. The place was absolutely gorgeous. Viola provided a great deal of decorations and also had no issue with me throwing in lots of my own decorations. She arranged the tables to perfection! My wedding day was a sunny, beautiful day. Viola went completely out of her way to make sure myself and my whole family felt at home at the resort. The staff were absolutely amazing. My five year old little boy was treated like a prince and loves going back to the resort to visit with Viola, she feels like part of our family now. I can say with honesty that I put a lot of extra work on the resort for the wedding when it came to decorations, table arrangements, etc. Viola had no issue with doing anything that I asked and continuously promised me a fairytale wedding. She certainly did not let me down. The day after the wedding, we did brunch and gift opening and then went on a beautiful boat tour (all arranged by Viola). Upon returning from the tour, we enjoyed a delicious jiggs dinner complete with all the trimmings and pie for desert. Viola also baked the delicious cake served for dessert at my wedding and everyone commented on how tasty and moist it was (it was carrot cake). The food at my wedding was top of the line and the finger foods served while we were getting our pictures done were delicious. I can't say enough about this resort! On the day of the wedding, I ripped my veil off the hair attachment and Viola actually came into my room and sewed it back on for me. She did everything from the rehersal to even fixing my dress before I walked down the aisle. I have to assume that anyone who complains about this resort must be very difficult to deal with as you wouldn't find nicer than the staff at Strawberry Hill. We cannot wait to celebrate our anniversary at the resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the queen suite for our wedding night and it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank natasha n
Reviewed 8 March 2015

We stayed at Strawberry Hill for 4 Nights in feb for our annual snowmobile trip. There were 6 couples in total and not one of us had anything negative to comment on this place. Management were very accommodating and couldn't do enough. The rooms are large and very clean. Some reviews say they are not modern, and that is correct. It is an older property, Victorian style, from the older day. But the rooms are very well kept. King beds, like sleeping in a cloud. Linen's changed, fresh towels and supplies changed daily, very romantic setting. The entire house is very large and very clean. Felt like home. The staff were sensational. Could not do enough for our stay. Meals were provided at the times we requested. Very good meals, freshly prepared with no long wait. We will definitely return for another stay.

3  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 5 March 2015

We were amongst a group consisting of six couples that stayed 4 nights at the resort on our annual snowmobile trip. Upon arrival we were greeted by the manager who could not do enough for us. The hospitality was fabulous. All couples stayed in the main house and we were welcomed as if it were our own home. Breakfast and suppers were provided; the meals were exceptional and well priced. The staff went above and beyond to fulfill any requests that we had. The property was well maintained considering the amount of cummulative snow they had to contend with and even the maintenane staff were exceptionally friendly. Overall I would highly recommend this accomodation to anyone visiting the Humber Valley.

Room Tip: The Bowater Room with a seating/lounge area in the room
Reviewed 15 November 2014

Myself and my partner booked our stay at Strawberry Hill for a ski-weekend. The pictures and commercials of the property and rooms look lovely.

From speaking with the property manager on the phone, it was recommended that we book the Riverside Loft. When we arrived on site, there was no one available to speak with. We appeared to be the only people on property, it was the middle of a snow storm so we stopped to speak with a man clearing snow on the property. He directed us to call the property managers cell phone. She told us that the loft was open. We entered the loft, and it smelt musky and old. There were chip crumbs on the carpet and couch. Bathroom was dirty, and there was weird noises coming from the fridge. Long story short, for over $250.00/night, it was horrible.

By that time the property manager was in the main house. We approached her and told her we were unsatisfied. Because our stay was on a gift certificate, she could NOT refund our 2 night stay. We asked what our other options were. We were given a small queen sized room in the main house which was "dated" but clean. The price of this room was $125.00/night online. I asked how the extra money would be refunded. She stated they would "throw in" a bottle of wine and breakfast each morning in the dining room.

We agreed, thinking it would be a nice breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a bagel OR toast, and a bananna OR yougurt. Juice, coffee etc.

There ended up being a snow storm on the day we were suppose to leave, so I ended up bargining our third night free which probably worked out in the end.

The location of Strawberry Hill is beautiful, but the building, rooms, prices and food are dated. I found the staff not professional. The location from Corner Brook is a drag, it's a 20 minute drive on the highway. From Marble about 10 minutes.

My point, there are better places to stay in Corner Brook and the Humber Valley.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple