“lovely trendy surprise”

The Adelaide Oyster House
Ranked #12 of 409 Restaurants in St. John's
Reviewed 25 July 2018

yes there are oysters but there is a flare for fusion and a lean for tex mex here. The food, though a bit strange, is quite good. Young vibe, a bit loud but a great meal.

1  Thank Janet H

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The Adelaide Oyster House is not a large restaurant, but it is definitely worth your time to try and get a table. We went to the restaurant as soon as they opened to make a reservation for that evening. They gave us a round-about time and said they would let us know when there was availability. We got in fairly quick, mostly because we agreed to share a large table with another small group. The wait was worth it! The food itself was amazing, small portions. Good way to sample a variety of foods.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We had a reservation here, but thankfully I made a mistake in my trip itinerary and we showed up here a day early. We never even set foot inside. Just standing in the doorway, my ear were starting to bleed from the level of the music, and that's without my hearing aids. We cancelled our reservation for the next evening.

Sorry folks, there's no excuse for this. Buzz. Hype. Atmosphere. Whatever. Call it what you want. Canned music at ear splitting level is not a requirement for a successful restaurant. The Adelaide was packed that night and maybe I missed out on wonderful oysters, (which I was looking forward to), but that kind of place will never get my business.

4  Thank MikeyVancouverCanada
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We had a quick bite with oysters and scallops. The scallops dish was spicy and interesting tastes that we are going to eat again in a couple of days. Top notch and super fresh.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This is a small place so we were surprised to get seated immediately.
Only having a one oyster one other time I was unsure if I liked them but being in the oyster house what else should one order. We left it up to our very attentive waitress which ones to bring us so she brought an assortment. They were all good and am no longer fearful of oysters.
I then had the fish taco which was delicious and the hubby had the Kobe beef lettuce wrap (we should have ordered 2). Concluded our meal with a bowl Of Brussel sprouts, also delicious.
Our only complaint was the level of the music. It is not enjoyable to have to shout to your mate over dinner. Why does it have to be so loud? So unnecessary. Oh and the wine by the glass was limited as well. No sauvignon Blancs or Cabernet Sauvignon by the glass.