Lowest prices for your stay
RM 631
Hammonds Plains,NS

NYE visit

Review of Old Orchard Inn
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Jan 2024via mobile
We did the NYE package which was a great deal. Had a quick swim and a dry sauna before getting ready for a 5 course meal which was outstanding. Our server was fantastic but didn't get his name. The dance portion had a great danceable band topped off with champagne . The downside was when we got back to the room the walls are paper-thin and heard the TV next door for a long time and then you hear everything in the hallways as well. If you like firm bed the room is not for you either. The bathroom has been redone so that was a plus for the room
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Lots of parking available
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James Clouthier, General Manager at Old Orchard Inn, responded to this review
Responded 6 Feb 2024
Thank you for the review!
    RM 868
    5.7 km from Old Orchard Inn
    eDreams
      5.7 km from Old Orchard Inn
      View more hotels in Wolfville
      All reviews dining room sun deck king bed next morning valley kentville fundy bay wineries ns
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 31 October 2023

What a disappointment. Way over priced The rooms are dated and the bathroom was so small you had to squeeze in, the sink was tiny and at an angle in the corner and you can't close the door while sitting on the toilet. Although there were some rooms with a view, we were on the ground floor facing the parking lot. On the positive side, the mattress was quite comfortable

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      James Clouthier, General Manager at Old Orchard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2024

We are sorry to have fallen short of your expectations. We are currently renovating all of our ground-floor rooms, including updates to the washrooms, like sliding barn doors!

Reviewed 27 October 2023 via mobile

WiFi DOES NOT WORK. I was told by the front when lots of people are on it, it does not work. The General manager James told me that if you disconnect and connect it usually works. I did that almost 30 times and it Di's NOT work. Problem NOT solved by James.
      NO HOT WATER FOR SHOWER - I went to take a shower and it was cold. I complained to the front desk and they said they heard about but nothing they could do. James called and said that he knew about a faulty valve the day before I arrived but said it would need to be fixed and eventually it was but not until after my meetings started. Too little too late.
      PILLOWS SMELLED LIKE 'BO' - awful stink in the pillows did not sleep well.
      BEDS - were lumpy and made a crunching noise when you went in to it.
      COFFEE Maker - not working properly made only half cup of coffee.
      TAXI CALL - I called the front desk to ask for a Taxi and I was met buly a less than a warm reception. She said I will give you the number and you can call it. I told her other hotels will call taxis with no issues. She had attitude. She eventually booked the Taxi but sent me over to the wrong entrance. When I did the Ta, I go by it went to the main door and not the door she sent me too. So I called her on my cell phone and she said she was trying call me on my room phone and I said how can I be in my room when you told me go outside. So I walked over to the main entrance to get the Taxi. When I arrived at my destination the Taxi driver said he only takes cash! I said what? He said she should have told you at the front desk it is as cash only. She did NOT.
      UNDER CONSTRUCTION - I was (my room) placed on a basement lower level floor where approx 7 rooms were being rebuilt and noisy. This was never told to me that the hotel was under construction. Not good.

Room tip: Avoid the entire site.
      Trip type: Travelled on business

So sorry that you experienced so many issues with your stay. We now have a dedicated fiberoptic internet connection, with great speed. We are currently renovating all of our ground floor rooms, including new beds. We have upgraded to Nespresso coffee makers.

Reviewed 17 October 2023

Room 210 was not as we expected, as we have been there before! Mattress was the worst one I have tried to sleep on, as it folded, sunk in the middle. The Pillows were foam, lumpy and some breaking down! Hair dryer was ready to catch on fire, smelled, and surging. Flies in the room. Sofa back was broken down! Front Desk not willing to compensate us! Can not recommend this property any longer

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room I'd say. We booked through Expedia and they were not willing to change my room.
      • Trip type: Travelled with friends
      James Clouthier, General Manager at Old Orchard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2023

Hi Mike, we have responded to your same review on another site. We get a lot of compliments on our mattresses, and many inquiries about how guests can purchase them, but beds are indeed subjective, based on what you are used to. The property does not have any foam pillows, so we are not sure what to say to that. We have inspected this room and with the exception of a replacement hair drier being installed, the room is in fair condition. We are currently working on renovations, to your point, the property is in need of updating. We do hope to see you again, let me know when you will be coming and I will ensure you are well taken care of.

Reviewed 13 October 2023

Dirtiest room we have ever stayed in, food on the bed spreads, bugs everywhere, and dog hair all over from a previous guest. Absolutely disgusting, would not recommend it to anyone. Wifi didn't work, no hot water, and was very noisy.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
      • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Dana, thank you for the feedback, we disagree with, but appreciate, your concerns and are working toward improvements.

Reviewed 9 October 2023

This isn’t something I normally do, but feel I should warn others about staying here. My family has stayed here each year we do our vacation. While my husband and I were out, I had left my Apple Watch plugged in to charge, when we arrived back, it was gone! We reported to the main office and they reviewed the camera and the only person seen entering and leaving there was the maid. They told us they searched her and found nothing, then the manager had the nerve to say that I was travelling with a large group, maybe someone within my group took it. I could not believe that he would say such a thing. This is my family I was with. They offered me nothing in return 😡 I will never stay there again!

Room tip: Do NOT leave anything of value laying out, it will not be in your room when you return. The manager is very unprofessional and rude
      Date of stay: September 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Sarah, as mentioned in responses to your previous reviews, we are sorry that your watch was lost, but there is simply no evidence that our staff member had anything to do with this. To your point, the cameras were reviewed, upon your request. The Room Attendant was interviewed, as we take an accusation of theft very seriously. The staff member in question has a spotless track record, and agreed to not only a search of her person, but also to her locker as well as her vehicle. No trace of a watch or charger were found. Given that the same Room Attendant had just a couple of week prior, returned a set of diamond earrings she had found in an empty guest room, and that she cleans these rooms every day, with cash, jewelry, and electronics in them, with absolutely no issue or complaint, it would be difficult for us to imagine that she, at 65 years old, has any use for a smart watch that is little more than a paperweight, without access to your Apple ID. I personally offered to send you a $100 gift certificate for our restaurant, but you had declined that offer. We do not know what happened to your watch, or why you say it cannot be located with the "find my" app on your phone, but again, my offer to give you access to any part of the property your watch is traced to, still stands.