Lock in the lowest price from these sites
All reviews hot tub country suite sunrise room welcome drink breakfast delivered within walking distance victorian room plastic wine glasses warm apple cider fair trade local companies spa retreat remodeled bathroom highly recommend it to others super cozy stay feel any questions or concerns
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2023

Incredible stay!! Was pleasantly surprised to find this amazing place so close to home!! Incredible staff, very friendly. The owner is incredible!! Very friendly and accommodating and will do everything they can to make your stay special. I will be back again, I have to try some more of their amazing breakfast menu!! I can't wait to book my next trip!!

Room tip: Just relax and enjoy, This is an incredible spot to stay
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ahmed Nassrat, Owner at Gingerbread House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2023

Thank you for your kind words! We're thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay at our B&B. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're glad you enjoyed the individual hot tub suite, peaceful atmosphere, and prompt service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2023

Excellent service. Amazing room. Local coffee. Wonderful experience 😄A beautiful little paradise right in your backyard. The staff was amazing, the food and local coffee was delicious. 100% worth it and will stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ahmed Nassrat, Owner at Gingerbread House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2023

It is always a pleasure to host amazing guests and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2023

We stayed in the port Williams room & were very pleased. It felt so homey, not like a hotel room. I loved that breakfast was delivered to our room! We will definitely be back. Thxs to the wonderful staff!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Ahmed Nassrat, Owner at Gingerbread House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

It is always our pleasure to host such wonderful guests and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 October 2023

Very shoddy workmanship and wiring very questionable as seen in first photo of plug outlet sticking out of wall. There was also a note saying not to use the microwave and the fireplace at the same because it would blow a fuse or a breaker.
Housekeeping was sorely lacking with lots of dust, especially under bed which was very visible, also very grubby shower tiles.
The contactless check in was horrible and when we messaged them that the heat pump wouldn’t work on cooling we never did get a response.
We have stayed at this establishment 3 times in the past 10 years and they were all pleasant stays. After spending 250.00 for a one night stay this time we definitely won’t return.
The one positive thing was a decent breakfast which was included and delivered to the room … This was the only time we saw a person during our stay.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I must express my appreciation for your message. I must admit that I came across it only after 7 a.m. the following morning. At that time you sent the message, I had already retired to my bed for the evening after taking care of breakfast orders, and your message about the air conditioning found its way into my inbox at the late hour of 8:32 p.m. Given the briskness of the night, I had assumed you might have chosen a more environmentally friendly approach, such as opening a window or utilizing the screen door. Alternatively, I thought you might have referred to the comprehensive welcome guide in your room, which is replete with detailed instructions. Regrettably, I did not come across your message until the break of the day, and by then, it had already been resolved.
As for the matter of ice, I must confess that such a message eluded my digital grasp. Nevertheless, the location of the ice is clearly marked on the property map we provided and in the aforementioned welcome guide, with the door itself labelled "ICE" for easy identification. I apologize if there was any oversight on your part.
Now, let's address your concerns about the electric fireplace and the microwave. It's worth noting that both of these appliances have the potential to exert substantial demands on electrical circuits, regardless of the integrity of the wiring. The cosmetic imperfections you mentioned may be valid in some areas, but I assure you that they do not affect the functionality of the system.
I appreciate your observation regarding dust, and I will promptly engage in a conversation with the cleaner responsible for tending to your room during your stay. We are committed to rectifying this oversight.
Regarding the vexing matter of the shower grout, my attempts to cleanse it with a combination of chemicals and elbow grease only revealed that what initially appeared as dirt was, in fact, black grout. I share your disdain for black grout, and I have resolved to use grout paint in the upcoming winter season to rectify the installer's unfortunate workmanship. It is disheartening that such a situation exists in a shower that is barely a year old.
I apologize that our contactless system did not align with your preferences. It is important to note that the majority of our esteemed guests find great value in the time-saving attributes, convenience, safety, and privacy that this system affords.
In conclusion, I respect your decision not to visit us in the future, and I extend my gratitude for bringing the matter of dust to my attention. I assure you that I am actively collaborating with my team to address this issue promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and communication.
Mike, Innkeeper

Reviewed 6 October 2023

We were on our honeymoon and couldn't have had a better time. Staff put petals and candles in our room.
Michelle is a definite asset and went above and beyond for us. Breakfast was far more then expected and delivered by Michelle whose personality could outshine the sun! Such a great time.

The Freemans

Room tip: Just go and stay if you want quiet relaxation.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ahmed Nassrat, Owner at Gingerbread House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2023

We are grateful to host you on your special occasion and hope to host many more in the future for you and your husband.