Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Seashell64
Calgary, Canada
Read this before booking! Worst hotel I have ever stayed at!
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Oct 2021via mobile
Well I was fooled by the 4 star rating but if you look at the dates of the good reviews, they were years ago. I read the other disappointing reviews and we had similar experiences. We stayed 2 night on the 28th and 29th and should have walked away when we saw the shape of the building on the outside. The curtains facing outside were all stained, the porch was filthy and some windows were stained with some yellow stuff. We were greeted by a woman who oddly didn't take our credit card, I just had to fill out our name and address. (No checkin desk). She then took us upstairs to our room and open the door, then walked away without saying anything or showing us anything about the room. The room was missing a few thinks like hand soap do when I called her she asked that I come down to get it. The soap was 2 inches by 1 inch (didn't know they could make soap that small). The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud and when I mentioned that we wanted it fixed she said nothing could be done now. I said how about tomorrow and she said maintenance would come in the morning. They never came. The room wasn't as dirty as others mentioned and the bathroom was clean but the hair blower that was a wall mount sat on the end table. Very awkward trying to blow dry your hair with the wall mount part dangling. When I asked the lady for restaurant recommendations she didn't have a clue. I said we didn't want pub food but she kept on mentioning them.
We had to go to their kitchen for ice. Don't stop trading as IT GETS EVEN BETTER (well worse). We got the package with breakfast included. The lady said it was from 9-9:30! Thirty minutes for breakfast?! The sheet in the room said 8:30-9:30. So we should up 5 minutes after 9 and there was one other table seated. There was a menu on the table with limited options. It said ask your server for more details at the bottom. A server didn't come by for about 10 minutes and then he plopped down our plates on the table with everything on the menu on the plate. I do not eat meat but hey I got pork sausages!! The keirug coffee machine was good quality but their selection of copy low quality options. There were the little creamers there and 2% milk but we ran out of the 2% milk. I rang the bell by the kitchen and asked for more milk. The guy yelled , MORE MILK? I said yes we are out. He said there is milk in the fridge below but it was just almond. I said I would like 2% milk. He stomped into the kitchen and brought out a carton of 3.25% and banged it on the table. 3.25% isn't my preference so I asked for the 2% pods and he said loudly they won't get any until tomorrow.

After eating overdone scrambled eggs with a bit of fruit we said we were done. I told him I don't eat meat so do not put it on my plate tomorrow. He didn't seem to care.
Later that night we turned on the tiniest tv I have seen in a hotel room and was wrapped in clear tape around the edges? The instructions they had on a card in the room on how to control volume and channels was not correct. I called the lady downstairs
and she helped me out but I mentioned the problem with their card and it should be corrected but she got annoyed.
The next morning I had a work conference call but it was interrupted by the couple in the kitchen (I think

they run through whole hotel) as they were fighting very loudly and we heard a dish thrown. We were actually concerned and it went on for over 20 minutes.

One night when we needed fresh wine glasses as we carried down the dirty ones in the morning , the guy from the restaurant was annoyed that I asked him. He said "you have glasses in the room" I told him we brought them to be washed and he bellowed they are in the washer and when housekeeping comes at 5 you can get some. ( oh, house keeping appeared to be his wife) . I asked for other glasses then and he stomped into the kitchen and got 2 different shaped glasses. He was very rude and I was a little scared of him at that point. Later after 5 my boyfriend called down and asked for wine glasses and the lady answered and said to come and get them. When he got there , there was a sign on the door saying they were closed for the evening???? Really, the only two staff members at a Inn left? He rang the bell and she came out with 2 glasses. The guy really reminded me of the Seinfeld Soup nazi episode. This was my worst stay EVER!
1 bedroom suite with water view
Tripadvisor
RM 498
No prepayment needed
  • Booking.com
1.2 km from Victoria's Historic Inn
Free Wifi
Valley View of Minas Basin and new solar panel roofing system.
Tripadvisor
    • Vio.com
    4.0 km from Victoria's Historic Inn
      3.0 km from Victoria's Historic Inn
      View more hotels in Wolfville
      All reviews carriage house beautiful victorian nova scotia dining room breakfast was included main building ground level downtown wolfville comfortable bed b bs owner university antiques
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 1 October 2021 via mobile

When we got to the hotel there was no one at the desk to great use . We had to call to get someone to help use. We then get new clean towels. We had to stop at front desk and this was at 3 o’clock in afternoon and once again on one was at the desk and door locked. We needed to call them . The lady that answered the phone was making use fell like we where disturbing them. We had to go pick it up and then someone when and drop them outside on the chair it was not put in are room. No one came to clean up a bit or pick up the trash. Breakfast is very small for 20$ and you cannot pick what you like to eat. No one never came to refill the toilet paper even that. I never had this mush of bad service. There going to lose there customers because I will not be coming back to stay. Extremely Terrible

Room tip: Need to get a electric charger and waste of money.
      Date of stay: October 2021
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 26 September 2021

We stayed at the Victoria's Historic Inn in Wolfville this past August. While it appeared to be quite nice in the pictures online, reality was entirely different. Basically, this place is extremely poorly managed with little attention to basic cleaning and maintenance. Our first taste of this was the rotten newel post for the railing for the front steps and front screen door that was hanging by only one hinge and had huge tears in the screening. Once inside, we were privy to an argument between a couple registering and what we took for the "manager" of the establishment. The situation was that the couple, celebrating a major life milestone, had reserved a specific suite and was being told by the "manager" that the suite was not available. He also was telling them that this was basically their problem as they had booked their room through an online booking site and that they had to deal with that provider on their own. This escalated into quite a heated discussion all the while we waited rather uncomfortably for our turn. In conversation with the couple the next day, we found out that the "manager" was offering them the suite we had specifically booked online using the Inn's own booking system. Anyway, we finally got registered and the "manager" took us upstairs to our room. Oddly, he had a very young man, probably in his early teens, accompany us for no reason, He did not carry any bags, or offer to do so, he just tagged along for no apparent reason and without any word of consent from us. When we finally got to our suite, what we found can only be called dingy. The carpet hadn't been cleaned for many years, windows were moldy or painted shut, a great number of light bulbs were burnt out, and there appeared to have been very little cleaning done in the room to prepare for our arrival, as evidenced by the great amount of dust on furniture and the coat of grime on the bathroom appliances. This was in spite of mandatory cleaning protocols for COVID. We remain quite sure that no such protocols were followed by this establishment. But wait...IT GETS EVEN BETTER! Around 8:00 the next morning, we heard what sounded like a faint alarm. Within 10 minutes, the general fire alarm bells were ringing throughout the Inn. We cautiously went downstairs to find absolutely no one from management in the place. After approximately 5 minutes of not finding any staff on-site, myself and another guest with previous firefighting training conducted a complete sweep of the premises and did not find any fire or building emergencies. It was then that we received a call in the kitchen. It was from the "manager" telling us that he had gone out to buy additional groceries for the breakfast and that he would be back as soon as he could and that a young staff member was on his but as he took the bus to get there it might take some time before he arrived. We were reassured by the "manager" that he had checked all of the on-site security cameras on his phone and that as he had not seen any flames or smoke, had instructed his alarm monitoring company to NOT dispatch the local fire department as everything was under control. As guests were staring to assemble and become very agitated, I had to go to the security panel and reset it to turn of the 120 db alarm bells and allow guests to ask questions in peace. We have since made enquiries with the local municipal authorities who have assured us that the proper remedial actions are being taken by this establishment and that they are being very closely monitored. While this is a relief to us, our dealings with the "management" of the establishment to obtain a full refund for our stay left us even more perplexed and suspicious of how this place is being operated and by whom. WE DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING AT THIS ESTABLISHMENT.

Date of stay: August 2021
      Reviewed 25 September 2021 via mobile

I was dismayed when we arrived. The gardens were overgrown and unkempt with knee-high weeds. The buildings looked worn; in need of a coat of paint. Garbage had spilled from the bins and lay on the ground. Inside, more signs of neglect: stained tablecloths, a broken couch left in the sitting room with a "do not sit" sign. In our room, dust lay on the back half of the desk where the cleaner had missed and under the bed were dust elephants! A wall-mount blow dryer just lay inside the bathroom cabinet which meant I had to dry with the base dangling and banging. A switch plate on the electrical outlet was missing. The historic nature of the building was gorgeous and the staff were very friendly. But it appeared to us that the property was not being maintained. I am hopeful this will change; I can't bear to think that this heritage property could be lost.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 23 September 2021

Room was reserved for 3 adults. Only two towels in room. When I asked for another towel it seemed to inconvenience them. The tub doesn't drain (clogged with hair), room was mildly clean (like a teenager does not a cleaning person). Not what o would call a good property. Worth $80 a night certainly not $185. I'd keep looking if I were you. How do you call it a bed and breakfast when they charge extra for breakfast. Based on room cleanliness, I would not want eat anything they made anyway.

Trip type: Travelled with family
      Reviewed 21 September 2021

Grass not cut, garbage strewn around the property does not give a good impression of the place, which looks tired and needs maintenance. Our room was ok but needs a deep cleaning - not sure how people with short legs can access the tub/shower as it is very high off the floor - very inconvenient to get in and out of. Breakfast was good, although there seems to be only one menu, as we were served the same items on our second day there. The hosts could use some Hospitality training, as they treated guests as a "job" but not much enthusiasm.