Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews carriage house beautiful victorian nova scotia dining room breakfast was included main building ground level downtown wolfville comfortable bed b bs owner university antiques
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2022

We booked this online as it appeared to be a great location and place to stay. It was classified as a 5 star facility. It appeared that some renovations were taking place, the entrance was not bad but when they showed up to our room I was shocked to see the filthy condition of the room. We asked to see something else, we were shown to a room in the main building, which was certainly better than the first but again for a 5 star Inn not up to standard. The key would not work in the door, we were issued another key but could still not lock the door, they had to change the complete system. It is a shame that this property has deteriorated so much. Very disappointing. I have sent an email to the BBB of Nova Scotia and to the Victoria Inn as well.

Room tip: Until this facility is cleaned up I would not recommend staying there
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 23 December 2021

After looking online and finding hotels and B&Bs in Wolfville booked up, I called several directly to try to make a reservation, and Victoria's said they could put me in a small third-floor room but there would be no breakfast available. When I arrived, the caretaker (?) showed me to a very nice, large, second-floor room. It was comfortable and clean. However, I seemed to be the only person staying in the building, except for the caretaker, who was generally to be found in the sitting room, sometimes in pajamas. On the second day, the caretaker told me that their debit machine was broken and the tech couldn't come until the following week. Would I mind paying in cash? I objected that that might be difficult, but on Monday, she had no objection to my checking out and coming back later with the cash, after my daughter had gone to the bank for me. Still, the room was very nice, and I felt safe with all the locks on its door. We speculated about the payment in cash--were the caretaking staff pocketing it? or were taxes being avoided?--but the caretaker, on request, gave me a fairly legit-looking receipt, apparently printed out from their accounting program, and I left feeling as if maybe it was all on the up and up. Until . . . I received an email, well after I had left, acknowledging my "online cancellation" and showing the room (with the rate quoted) as cancelled, apparently generated in the same accounting program. I did not find my room at all unpleasant; but something very sketchy seems to be happening at Victoria's Historic Inn.

Date of stay: December 2021
2  Thank Patricia R H
Reviewed 26 October 2021

This property demonstrates why the TripAdvisor algorithm is broken. It must have been sold in Late 2019, judging by the reviews. Since then I would suggest there has been not a lick of paint or a patch of grass touched.

Read the 1* reviews below. They are all 100% accurate.

We stayed there on 23rd Oct. From the moment we pulled up I thought "God I have made a mistake" and from there all the way through to the terrible breakfast the following morning i kicked myself. This place was so bad that within 10 minutes of being in my room i was checking to see if there were any other rooms available in Wolfville. I couldn't.

Reviewed 20 October 2021

We now refer to this Inn as the DANK INN. It is overgrown, poorly run, totally let go on the inside and out! Spider infested, no screens in the windows, rotten deck boards leading to the door of our room. The room smells of mould and for myself, it caused an asthma attack. This Inn shouldn’t even be open!!! There were holes in the ceiling, missing electrical outlet covers, cob webs, the door was hanging off its hinges!! You couldn’t even close the door to the bedroom as it hit the edge of the bed! Not as all as described. Do not stay here!!! These people should not be allowed to rent rooms, they are deceiving people! I wish I could rate this place in the negative -20

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2021

The room we were assigned and the overall condition of the hotel is far from what was expected. This was likely a nice hotel at some time, but not now. Save your money and stay somewhere else. The curtains were stained and dirty, the room was clean but aged, the steps to the room were rotted.

Room tip: I did not see all the rooms but ours was a danger to everyone
1  Thank Liz M