Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Edward Yeh
Perfect for a quiet B&B experience to see the Wolfville Area
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Oct 2019
Fantastic experience! We stayed 2 nights in the Orchard and Seaside rooms. They were incredibly spacious for a B&B. Besides the bed they have couches and coffee tables, gas fire places, and a 2 person infrared sauna box! Fun. The entire house is immaculate! Pam and Gordy are perfect hosts. Location is centered between many different areas to visit. So much so, we ended up passing the house on our way to the next stop often. Finally the breakfasts were delicious, and while we didn't have dietary restrictions we saw how some of the other guests did and Gordy is totally prepared with creative substitutes to make sure everyone enjoyed their breakfasts equally. Even parking was easy. 100% satisfied with our experience. Probably first time we can say that. I read some of the other reviews just now and can see how if you have different expectations you might have a different experience. Our goal was to eat breakfast, spend the day out, maybe return for an afternoon break, have dinner and wind down and go to bed. We like quiet in the house and we brought our laptop and the WiFi worked fine, so we could have watched Netflix if we wanted but we had other activities to keep us busy :) Agreed, don't plan for loud gatherings or a great TV experience, stay home for those or go to a sports bar.
Date of stay: October 2019
      0.5 km from In Wolfville Bed and Breakfast
      • Lol.travel
      2.7 km from In Wolfville Bed and Breakfast
      View more hotels in Wolfville
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 6 October 2019

My husband and I stayed at this Bed and Breakfast for 4 nights in September, my mother rented a separate room for one of these nights.
      Both the house and the rooms are beautiful. Unlike others I did not have any issue with the "rules" as a bed and breakfast is not like a hotel, I recognize we are staying at someone's house and I also recognize respect is a two way street.
      Gordon and Pam were vey warm and welcoming, we had some wonderful conversations with them and they provided a host of information to us upon arrival.
      The breakfasts were delicious and I truly appreciated Gordon's efforts to ensure that I enjoyed my breakfasts, even if that meant making changes (I'm a picky eater).
      Separate tables were set up for breakfast but they were within arms reach of each other which allowed for some wonderful conversations for those that wanted to join in (which everyone did).
      We were disappointed that the hot tub was out of service for the duration of our stay, we were so looking forward to relaxing at the end of the day and even packed our bathing suits with this in mind. I thought an email prior to our arrival advising us that the hot tub was out of service would have been appropriate and appreciated. Based on our initial conversation with Gordon we understood it was just a matter of cleaning and hoped it would be available for a part of our stay but unfortunately this was not the case.
      It is true that the rooms only offer a tv attached to a DVR but there was a television in a common living area that we could've used. This didn't bother us, we were on vacation and spent our evenings out enjoying one of the many places our hosts suggested.
      Finally, when we were checking out I was handed something similar to an iPad to enter my credit card information. A screen appeared which offered a "tip option", I was completely thrown as I had never experienced this when checking out of a hotel or B&B. The least amount (I forgot if it was 10 or 15%) would have meant a tip of over $100. I declined giving a tip (I would rather look cheap than feel stupid afterwards) and finished the transaction.
      Initially I questioned my decision but I felt that we had paid a fair price for our stay and that a gratuity wasn't called for or appropriate. It did bother me that a lovely stay ended in an awkward moment but I know that awkward feeling had nothing to do with any actions on my part.
      I searched other reviews and saw no mention of the gratuity issue from past guests so perhaps it was a one off or an error, (for example the tipping screen should have been bypassed before being handed to me.) That being said, I still wanted to mention it as it made me really uncomfortable and imagine others could very well feel the same way.
      Despite the few issues I still gave this lovely B&B five stars because anything less wouldn't be fair or appropriate.

2  Thank Linda0863
      Reviewed 13 September 2019

This was not a bad B&B, but I give it an Average based on some of the other negative reviews about our host. We felt a similar vibe fearful of over stepping the boundaries. The home and room were very clean and good size. No complaints there. But, the web site states "flat screen TV's in Room". NOT !! Not only was it not a flat screen, but only DVD's could be played on an old 19" TV. No in room tv contact with the outside world. They did provide a good size flat screen down stairs which we did utilize for a short time to watch the US Open, but I'd rather be in the comforts of my own room.
      Room did not have its own refrigerator, but a shared one outside our room. Water cooler also outside our room was available to obtain fresh water. Nice touch.

Room tip: No in room TV.
      1  Thank vdeeg
      Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

We were 3 couples for an overnight stay. Beautiful rooms and were able to enjoy a drink on the nice front porch. The only negative point is that we were told that we should be quieter because there were other guests. It wasn't even 9 p.m. the 6 of us were in one of the rooms playing cards and we were not noisy at all...just normal chatter. The guests in the other room were not even there at the time. So all that to say, we would not return. We've stayed at other B&B's in that lovely town and never been told that.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 19 August 2019 via mobile

The Inn exceeded our expectations offering spacious rooms that were meticulous, nicely decorated and included a sauna. Also there is a hot tub located in their private backyard. Our hosts, Pam & Gordie were extremely friendly, provided us with a delicious breakfast and lots of information on the wineries & restaurants in Wolfville. We enjoyed our stay and recommend highly to anyone visiting the area.

Date of stay: August 2019
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      1  Thank nfwdlf49
      Gordon T, Owner at In Wolfville Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Thankyou for this wonderful review. We enjoy our work very much and strive to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and memorable time at our Bed and Breakfast and the surrounding area. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 3 August 2019

While the bed and pillow were very comfortable and the place was very clean the owners lacked warmth. As we checked in we were given a long list of rules to follow and felt we were kids in a school trip. It was 40C the whole time we were there but they would not let us keep our AC on if we left our room. They say they have TVs but they are not hooked up to service so you can only watch DVD’s and cannot even check the weather or news. They offer a military discount but when my husband stated he was a veteran they said he couldn’t have the discount. My husband nicely commented that they would get a lot of customers with the large amount of retired military in NS. He was rudely told it was his business and he could do what he wanted. We had friends that lived locally and we wanted to sit and have a glass of wine with them in our room which was a suite. We were ambushed by the owner who said they couldn’t be there. When asked if we couldn’t have friends over for a short visit she threw her hands in the air and said “fine, they are here but if they fall or hurt themselves we aren’t responsible and won’t pay”. This was said rudely and was embarrassing for us and our guests. Our whole stay had us on pins and needles and we couldn’t relax. We would have left and stayed else where but we knew they would never give our money back. We have stayed in numerous B&Bs and they are always warm and relaxing with anything you might need. We asked if they had ice and it was like we asked for the moon. A grump “I’ll see if I can find any”. The whole stay ruined our 30 year anniversary get away.

Room tip: Quiet place but poor owners
      Date of stay: July 2019
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Gordon T, Owner at In Wolfville Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2019

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as you expected. The evening that the guest booked he inquired about the military discount and was told, at that time, that he did not qualify. However, he still inquired the day he arrived. We had chosen to give a discount to active military as a gesture from us because these men and women can be gone from their families and loved ones for many months at a time. We do ask our guests to turn off the a/c in the rooms when they are going out for hours. Other guests are quite understanding of this request. The a/c is twice the capacity for the room so the room takes only a matter of minutes to get to a comfortable temperature. We inform our guests that if they wish to watch local channels, news, weather, and sports the TV in the breakfast room is there for them to use. The TV in their room is only attached to a DVD player with DVDs available to view. Very few guests use the TVs at all. If they need to check on the news or weather they normally use their devices. Our wifi signal is quite strong and reliable. There is a sign in full view at the foot of our stairs stating that "only guests of the B and B are permitted upstairs.” We had to initiate this policy because of past incidents. These guests were fully aware of our policy yet they proceeded upstairs with their friends ( strangers to us ) without hesitation. When questioned, the husband scoffed, laughed and went into the room without an explanation. Friends of guests are always welcome to visit as we have a comfortable common room as well as a covered veranda for them to entertain. As it was, two of our white towels were ruined with red wine. When asked about ice we told the guests that there should be ice in the small fridge, if not we can get some from upstairs. We do this all the time for guests and it is not an imposition. We have never spoken to guests nor do we ever intend to in the manner implied.