US$140
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$88
US$102
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We stayed there for 2 nights with another couple and were so pleased we had chosen this clean and comfortable 200+-year old house decorated by the owners with many interesting items. Jean and Ken, the hosts, were so accommodating and a pleasure to be around. They are very knowledgeable about the local area and have some very interesting stories to tell. We would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

As I am scrolling through the reviews I feel bad for some of the people who wrote them . For a bed and breakfast this was quaint and cozy so peaceful and relaxing . The people who owned the house were extremely nice . A B&B is for a quick stay which this was and I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

It's an old house but very clean, charming and they make a great breakfast! You get a warm welcome in this 200 year old house. It's really quiet but also central situated. There is a nice bathroom with shower and bath tube. Gane the landlady is a wonderful host and gives good advice.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2015

It looks like a cool old house, but not at all what we expected. It had that funny smell like my grandmothers house, plus it seemed really dusty. There were no other guests there when we got there that we know of. The room was OK, although the A/C vent really needed to be cleaned. However, there was no key to the room. When we asked, the owner just said people kept losing them, and she is the only one there anyway. For breakfast, we received one waffle with a few berries on it - that was it. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Try a B & B in Louisbourg, about 1/2 hr away
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derk5658
Reviewed 7 September 2015

I am new to the world of Bed and Breakfast travel, but I must say my five night stay at the Gathering House B&B was absolutely wonderful. The hosts, Jean and Ken, were so very welcoming, resourceful, and friendly that I felt like family and not a guest at all. Their home is a beautifully and lovingly restored Victorian house over 200 years old (240 years old in the original part of the house), filled with antiques, Jean's own needlepoint works of art, quilts, linens, and décor that all have their own story to tell. A step back in time! The bedrooms were very clean and very comfortable, bathrooms very clean with great water pressure in the showers, and all linens beautifully laundered and of excellent quality. Jean is a fantastic cook, and each breakfast was absolutely delicious, a different feast each morning, excellent coffee! The Gathering House is located in the heart of Sydney, yet sits perched among tall trees alongside an inlet called Wentworth Creek; a lovely park with water fountains, ducks, and a children's playground. An oasis in the middle of town! We spent several hours sipping fresh lemonade on their huge wrap-around porch, chatting, and enjoying the early evening hours together. When I am back in Sydney again, I will be staying at the Gathering House! Thank-you Jean and Ken for a wonderful stay at your B&B! (I just wish I took photos to share with you!)
From Debbie, Prince Edward County, Ontario, August 2015