“Get the Aloha Burger!”

Ranked #6 of 159 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local Seasonal Products, Seafood, Steaks, Pastas, Vegetarian and Gluten Free ..And much more We love your children and have created special menus for them as well. Fully licensed with a lounge and patio. Located in the Membertou Trade & Convention Centre. Menu located on our website link.
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We haven’t been to Kiju’s in a long time, and I’m not sure why. The beer was cold, the service was excellent, and the food was delicious! The Aloha burger sounds different - but it’s amazing, my fiancé got the steak sandwich - very pleased! The dessert sounded fancy, but it was just a little chocolate mousse cake, delicious, but not worth $9. Will be back for sure!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

After a long drive, it was lovely to sit by the fireplace and eat the tasty fried chicken! Hubby had fish and chips. Homemade!!! The waitress was so good!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I was able to try this local restaurant out while travelling for work. I have to say the service was outstanding, from the moment I walked in until I paid my bill. The atmosphere was very relaxing, presentation of food was fantastic. The only thing stopping me from giving this place a higher rating was perhaps my menu choice wasn't the best for me. I ordered the lamb burger served on a pita bun , the condiments that were served on top of the pita were quite wet. This made it difficult to eat the burger as it slid of the pita. just a suggestion maybe grill the pita bun first, or minimize the coleslaw for a less drippy experience. The lamb patty was excellent though. Dessert was okay but not fantastic and I do judge restaurants by desserts. I will definitely try this place again when I am back in the region.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Nope, wasn't a great place. Poor service, not great food. Just convenient to the Hampton Inn attached by a skyway.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The entrance to the restaurant has a classy hand-written chalkboard that begins with a locally appropriate lobster joke. Three more items on the board promise quality coffee (inexcusably not true) and other venue-relevant things (now forgotten) but together make a visually interesting and unique way to spend the brief time waiting to be seated.

Plenty of staff were available and active though at 2:15 p.m., the lunch crowd was gone. Our server was not particularly enthusiastic or informative about menu questions and made no mention of the fish, lamb and pork all locally sourced. He didn’t ask us about a beverage though after our order was placed, returned to ask if we wanted anything to drink.

Food arrived well-presented and well-prepared. Hurray for the chef! This good food aligned with expectations set by seeing the tablecloth and cloth serviettes but what’s with the family size plastic mustard and ketchup containers?

The vacated table beside us with dirty dishes was left uncleared until we were leaving. When our dishes were cleared, food spilled on the table was not wiped away.

We didn’t see our original server after the food was delivered (nicotine fingers had us guessing it was smoke break time). Our bill did not come to the table and at the checkout, we noticed toothpicks fallen out of their container were left scattered on the till table.

Meanwhile, the active servers had the room set up for the dinner seating. Seems the focus (except in the kitchen) is on things, not diners.

Good try but training with a focus on the customer is what will improve the dining experience here.