“The donair pizza was itself worth the whole trip”

Robert's Pizza Donairs & Subs
Ranked #131 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I went out of my way from downtown Halifax to come and try this place upon recommendation of locals. Robert's DID NOT DISAPPOINT! The donair pizza I ordered was big enough for a couple of people (I was alone and I ordered a small). It tasted delicious and it was very filling!

The place looks a bit run down, but I like it. Gives it character. :)

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I went here on the recommendation of a relative who used to live in Dartmouth 27 years ago. This place has been around for a while so obviously it they're doing something right. I order the Belly Buster on my relatives recommendation; that was a mistake. The thing is huge. But it also cost me more than $30, not exactly the best value. The taste was great but the cost definitely didn't outweigh it. Order a smaller donair if you do go here, unless you're sharing.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This is nothing like one would expect from Halifax style donair, but it is the best that there is. It is presented in an over-the-top and decadent way, but a lot of attention goes into making the meat which is a lot more so than most of the donair places around the city. Most don't know about this place, but it is one of the most unique dining experiences in the Halifax region. Those that need a culinary experience to include a set table with a glass of wine might not like this place as much, but this place produces for those that believe in substance over style.

1  Thank Edward W
Reviewed 27 February 2017

OK, I have had donairs from all over the place, I used to live in Dartmouth and had many a NS style donair. The donairs here are not only huge, they are fantastic. Sure they are huge and messy but if you want to eat something neat and petite, go somewhere else.

The meat is full of flavor and the sauce is the awesome sweet sauce that makes a NS donair even better. This is my must go to place every time I am in the city. I get mine with cheese, tomato, hot peppers and onion and man is it good.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Many mixed reviews. To the person who said their donair(s) are a "big sloppy mess", probably eats his/her tacos with a knife and fork.

The portion of meat is huge and delicious. Perfect blend of spices and not fatty.

What we do: Get a "belly buster", buy some pita's and divide it between 3-4 people. Sauce on the side. So go it is a must visit every time we visit from Ontario.

1  Thank wolf750cc