“Worth a stop in..”

Ranked #122 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Dropped in to eat before heading to the Symphony. Was delighted with the food...the lentil soup is worth mentioning along with the chicken/lamb yogurt kebabs. There are many more choices for our next visit to choose from. The overhead lights are great to see...not somewhere you want to eat if you want a quiet romantic evening...but if you want good food...

1  Thank hali-in-cuba64

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

This is Nova Scotia's best traditional Turkish Mediterranean cuisine by George Surmeli. He has provided Halifax the most authentic Turkish dishes for decades. The lamb is the best of Nova Scotia from Truro. I highly recommend!

1  Thank Willy1805
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Tiny, almost hidden, gem of a restaurant with delicious food. Their Lamb meatballs special, with fluffy rice and scrumptious salad is divine and a favorite that sells out very quickly. But everything on their menu is excellent. I've taken many business visitors from Toronto there over the past couple of years and they all love it too. It was a favorite lunch spot for my management team.

1  Thank 765glennab
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Dropped in today for lunch,based on a recommendation. Really enjoyed the restaurant. Started with the halloumi which was excellent. Lamb and chicken kebabs were equally good and the salads very fresh. Service and atmosphere were great. Will definitely repeat.

1  Thank Nick H
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I went there today evening thinking that I should explore the other good places for Middle Eastern food in Halifax as me and my wife always ended up at Turkish Delight for our cravings.

The food was not that great.. too much of salt spoiled our taste. Excessive salt in each n every thing we had there.

I think the management has changed so it's no more a great place to eat it seems.